Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Congrats to K-State!

Who would've thunk it? Gotta be one of the biggest upsets in college ball.
OU stunk-up the place and K-State played HUGE.

Wonder what happens in the BCS tomorrow? You gotta think White just lost the Heisman. Does OU still go to the Sugar Bowl?

Being a big ole Sooner fan, that was HARD to watch.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
I am so bummed I missed it. I wanted to watch but had other obligations. When are we gonna get a play-off system in college football so we can stop second-guessing who belongs in the championship game?
I've been following USCs' bid all year, and they may not get in despite how successful they've been this year, and yet I'm not so sure LSU shouldn't be there too!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider
Kansas played a hell of a game :thumb:

so did kansas state. :confused:

that's always been the downfall of the big 12. they keep knocking each other off.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by mx547

so did kansas state. :confused:

that's always been the downfall of the big 12. they keep knocking each other off.

Happens in the Big 10 every year. Lots of talent in that league and it shows up in the bowl game scores.

Tennessee Thumper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 23, 2000
CFB needs a playoff system.

IMO K-State,LSU,and Michigan would be the teams to beat, if(big if) we had a playoff right now.

My prediction is LSU and OU are in.Strength of schedule is going to kill USC.

Geaux Vols!!!

Last edited:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
We need this kinda chaos to topple the BCS house of cards.  This is not a dig against OU, but you NEED to win your conference in order to contend for the National Title.  This same thing happened in '01 when Nebraska got stomped by Colorado, and didn't win the Big 12 but still played for the National Title. 

The analysts on ESPN are starting to think this way too.  Last night they said, LSU and USC are two teams that DID manage to win their conference with only 1 loss each.

Is it fair that OU's loss came at the end of the season instead of the begining?  NO!

Do we need a system where the two national title contenders are determined the the outcome of a game between Hawaii and Boise State?  NO!

Sorry OU.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
despite its flaws, the bcs system is still better than no system. i want playoffs too.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Playoffs in College foozball? ACK! I like the system the way it is. :cool:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
Besides, USC has one win less than LSU or OU. :p

True.  That's because they play in a conference that doesn't have a conf. championship game.  Did the Big 12 conference championship game hurt OU?  Yes, but I'm still for them.  I think all of the big conference should have them.  ACC will have on next, and the Big 10 (with 11 teams) and the PAC 10 won't be but a few years behind.  THEN, you can seed the 8 team playoff with the winners from those games and 2 at large bids.  Bingo, Playoff.  Just what we want.

Personally, I don't think USC's defense would match up with OU.  I don't think we'll have to worry about a split champsionship, AP with one team, and ESPN/Coaches with another after Michigan stomps USC.  But, that's why they play the games.  We'll see what happens.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Yep - Hope to see Michigan stomp on USC.  :thumb:   It will be a great match-up.  If USC does pull it off there will be huge controversy as to who is #1.  Or there will be two #1 (BSC #1 and Polls #1).

Ohio State and Kansas State in the Fiesta Bowl.  Go Bucks!!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by Timr
AP with one team, and ESPN/Coaches with another after Michigan stomps USC.  But, that's why they play the games.  We'll see what happens. [/B]

I like the sound of that Timmy. :thumb:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
regardless, the football gods have been kind to us.

Michigan/USC - I gotta go with Michigan here
K-State/Ohio State - Heck of a game
OU/LSU - I think LSU lines up best with them
Miami/FSU - always a fun game to watch
Ole Miss/OSU - if OKie State plays a high caliber game it could be a good one.

I gotta get a bigger TV... :yeehaw:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
It's funny that the BCS exists due to everyone hating the way the system worked with polls, now they want the polls back? Nothing is going to make everyone happy until there are play-offs. Then there will still be those complaining about that.

Fact is, the season started with the BCS, everyone knew it. And why does it matter "when" they loss came? LSU and USC lost correct? Which is the better team... Cal or K-State? Because USC lost first and OU dominated everyone they played while being ranked #1 the whole year... and played an additional championship game that USC didn't have to play? There are so many variables, frankly, I'll trust a non-emotional computer to tally it all rather than people with favorites and agendas (coaches, press).

Michigan will spank USC, OU will beat LSU and I'll feel just fine about the whole thing :p

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Okie, Okie, Okie, this granpa thing must have you delusional (sp?). LSU owns the Sugar. OU will think they are playing in death valley with 100,000 crazy drunk cajuns screaming for there boys. :p

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I heard there were only 15,000 tickets available for OU fans, LOL!!! You guys need home field advantage!

Seriously, from what I've seen, LSU looks tough, should be a good game. Unless that team that played K-State shows up!

Funny how all the sports guru's calling this OU team possibly one of the best teams ever two days ago, now say that with identical records they don't deserve to be in the game. I'm sure the Networks would MUCH rather have two coast (east or west) teams in there... sorry!

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Go Sooners! I've moped for a day and I've decided that the sun is still going to come up everyday and we WILL be adding Champyeenship number 8 to the case on January 4th.

15 years from now we won't talk about the loss to K State, but we will talk about Stoops' 2nd national championship in five years.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by Okiewan
IFunny how all the sports guru's calling this OU team possibly one of the best teams ever two days ago, now say that with identical records they don't deserve to be in the game. I'm sure the Networks would MUCH rather have two coast (east or west) teams in there... sorry!

I've been thinking about this.  This thing is, OU didn't loose this game 27-24 on a last minute field goal.  If they had, I don't think there would be too much controversy.  That would have been a "quality loss" if there even is such a thing.  But, OU gave up a ton of points and over 500 yards offense to K-state, who is a good team, but also has a 3 loss record.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Originally posted by Smitty
Go Sooners! I've moped for a day and I've decided that the sun is still going to come up everyday and we WILL be adding Champyeenship number 8 to the case on January 4th.

Think so eh? The Tigers are HUNGRY!

Trivia question; does anyone know where the Louisiana Fighting Tigers got their name?

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Originally posted by Jon K.

Think so eh? The Tigers are HUNGRY!

Eh? is that Canadian?

It's going to be a battle for sure. There are definitely better places to play LSU than New Orleans.

Top Bottom