RECENT POSTS

Congrats to Nicky Hayden!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
US rider Nicky Hayden just rode to a spectacular 3rd place in the Australian MotoGP race. On the second-to-last lap, he was fifth, but passed two riders on the last two laps to finish on the podium. :worship:

This is Nicky's first year on GP bikes (along with a couple of other homeboys), and he's had a pretty decent time of it. He's in 5th OA for the championship. Not too shabby. :thumb:

HomeMadeSin

Lifetime Sponsor
That was a sweet race for him.  I watched the last 5 laps.  Rossi is lightning fast, as usual, but the intensity of the last 2 laps were awesome.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
Nicky definitely has promise overseas. It'll be interesting to see what happens to his opportunities next season if Rossi leaves the Honda team.

And regardless of that yellow flag, Rossi crossed the finish line ahead of Capirossi by over 14 seconds. :worship: :worship:

Ive been expecting someone out of the US for some years now....no one who's showed up recently has delivered at GP level. I watched Nicky earlier in the year and thought maybe not. But I followed the whole season and he's improved every race....slowly but always moving forward. I was happy for him when he got on the podium.....hard fight ....tough ride....he showed he's got what it takes to succeed in MotoGP.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
That was exciting to watch, got a question though, is James Hayden one of the brothers ?, I only hear of the 3, but yesterday I heard of a 4th Hayden.

And why didn't Rossi get a stop and go ???

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
The 4th guy is named James Haydon, and he's a Brit (I think) riding in WSB. He's unrelated to the US Haydens.

I fully expected Rossi to do a stop & go, but I guess the officials decided that adding ten seconds to his total race time was severe enough.

JPIVEY

You would have thought a stop and go would have put a whole new outcome on the race, he would have had to work his way though traffic to gain back his position, in stead of having a open track in front of him to just run WFO and pick up those needed seconds.

I never heard of just adding seconds, just doesn't seem right, but oh well

Oh and thanks for clearing up the Haydon/ Hayden thing

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
I've never seen stop n go used in GP racing.

JPIVEY

SSSSHHhhhhhh..............I don't know squat about GP racing :o

bh

I think Hayden is gonna be one of the top guys next year. Just think how good he could be at a track here in the states that he has raced on before!

tx246

Subscriber
i hate to rain on nicky's parade but i really think that honda should of given that bike to collin edwards. he knows the tracks and if they would of given nicky a year in wsb, he would of even been better in the gp. i just think it was a sorry slap in the face to edwards. just imagine the team honda could of had next yr. edwards and rossi this yr. rossi leaves end of 03. move up hayden and make it hayden and edwards for 04.

TX 246- I have heard allot of Colin should have stories, but you know what ?Colin is almost 10 years older than Nick, and as of this day Nicky is a better rider. Nicky is a single 22 year old, were Edwards is over 30 married with a kid. Who's got more baggage along with them? And don't tell me this isn't a big deal, because to Honda it is, and that is why Valentino is leaving, they wouldn't cover any bills for his GF. Nicky has way way more PR value than Colin Edwards. I think a year in World superbike for Nicky would have been a waste, and a huge mistake. For one he wouldn't have been on a Ducati, and well you aren't going to win unless your on a Ducati in WSB. Honda folded there WSB program, and for good reason with Moto GP going four stroke, they can now market spin off bikes from the GP platform. Honda's 600RR is a very good example. It is only a matter of time before Honda makes a production V-5. Edwards is a second rate rider, who had an exceptional season, and is on his way out. Don't be surprized if you see him in AMA superbike in the next 3 years. It is rumored that Honda might put him on a satelight team next year, and I know he would shoot himself before he rode that awful Cube next season.

TX 246 I just noticed you are fro Texas, so I can see how you would be pulling for Colin, and thats understandable. I mean how many Canadians do you see in Moto GP, ummmmmmmm, well if honda gave me a ride I'm sure I could finish at least one race without being lapped 10 times. I am a fast rode racer but those guys are hella talented.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
SK 250,

Try playing nice. I don't think being from Texas has anything to do with being an Edwards fan. As for your Rossi comment, you know nothing more about that contract than what you've read in Cycle News, just like the rest of us. :silly: :debil:

Last edited: