CousinLarry

Dec 19, 2006
I've been going to a spot in Beacon Falls that it pretty sweet, but this weekend I'm looking for somewhere else to go check out.

I know about Thomaston Dam - but they don't open till May 1st I believe..

Any other suggestions? Preferably a place not frequented by Mr. Lawman?! :D

Thanks!

dirtbikr99

Nov 21, 2002
hey, im from southbury ct. I havent been riding much latey, I got into stand up jetskis. I used to ride beakin falls alot, on gruber rd. that sand pit. I love it there, also if u go down the train tracks there is a small track down there that really helps with practicing turns and stuff. I used to ride thomaston dam, its ok but im not a fan. Another spot you might want to check out of stevenson dam. Its not legal to ride there but I'v never had a problem. I think rocky mountain "ctmotocross" may open this weekend.

flyinlo37

Jan 24, 2008
ridin

Thomaston sucks, its a swamp in some spots, rocky, no berms. I ride on the southington mountain and ocasionally Ctmotocross in rocky hill is excellent, theres another spot i know of i can tell you about in cheshire but the police have been in there a few times and i was ticketed once for tresspassing. ill be up there mid april for a track/practice day at rocky hill with some dudes on April 16th. your welcome to join us if your like. get back to me on here if so.

flyinlo37

Jan 24, 2008
Hey "cousinlarry" where do you ride in Beacon Falls? Im heading up there during next week and its not looking like ctmotocross will be open till may. let me know where you all start from

CousinLarry

Dec 19, 2006
Hey man - Beacon Falls is getting hot.. Went on Saturday and there was a state trooper sitting at the entrance turning people around. We then went in to high rock forest and the DEP was waiting at our truck when we got back to give us written warnings.

DEP cop was nice and told us that they're cracking down all over because of people wrecking havoc with bikes on other people's property.

We're going to try to get to Beacon Falls again - probably this weekend, but I'm not sure what the outcome will be.

I guess Thomaston is looking better and better :(

Hey Ridin - I'm near Southington. Is it a good area? Do you get bothered by the law man? Can you give me any more info on it?

Thanks for any leads!

flyinlo37

Jan 24, 2008
southington

Last summer i was ticketed by a cheshire police officer on a quad while riding out at "dickermans field" near the TA truckstop off exit 28 I-84. That was one of the best spots around for a dirtbike, all soft sand and built up for jumps and corners. Anyways there putting in a development next door and the people moving in were complaining of the noise so thats shot down. However ive ridden the southington mountains up behind the ski resort for years, there are great trails up there by the reservior system but im ready for some place new. i ran into a couple hunters once up there, couple angry landowners but no law so far. I live in PA but im heading up there on monday to visit the family. i was planning on hitting up Rocky Hill wednesday but i dont think they will be open, so it looks like i might be up at southington as a last resort. If you want to catch up tuesday, or wednesday we can hit up some trails.

CousinLarry

Dec 19, 2006
I may be down for next week - but the problem is I work kinda late, and not sure I can get up there and have a decent amount of light left out.

I do want to check it out this tomorrow or Sunday though. Can you shoot me an email or something with the location? (everything AT cousinlarry DOT com) Is there a spot to park the truck anywhere? I'd love to check out a new spot. I promise - I won't tell anyone :D

Thanks man

Jeff

Top Bottom