Contact Lenses

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Do any of you wear contact lenses and have dry eye issues?

I seam to have a major issue for the first 5-10 minutes or so until I get a good sweat going. It also may be that I do not blink my eyes much at the start of the race. I wear the Acuveiw Oasis type and wonder if anyone has the cure for this problem.

Thanks for reading

Fred B.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Fred,

Just close your eyes for the first few minutes, seems to work for me!! :laugh: :laugh:

I'll ask around.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I wore them for years, yes dry eyes are a problem. Had Lasik, no dry eyes now.
Don

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
I, too, found Lasik to be the best solution for most all contact-related problems. Going on 10 years.

Briggsy_23

Mar 19, 2009
I have the same problem usually for the entire race, a contact friendly lubricating eye OINTMENT works the best for me. Don't use too much since it will cause some blurry vision but a little bit on the lower eye lid seems to keep the contacts and eye moist.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I wear contacts. I rarely have an issue with them though. About the only time I have problems is in super rainy conditions where I have to ditch my goggles due to fogging. Then my contacts are screwed. But as long as I can keep my goggles on, and clear, I am good to go. Maybe I am just lucky.

barkbuster67

Nov 6, 2002
Prior to having Lasik, which solved the problem completly, I was using a disposable contact lense that would remain in, even during sleeping hours. A couple drops of solution in the A.M. and I was good to go all day. Replace every couple of weeks. They were expensive, but I found the product to be the best until they were discontinued because of patent rights. Shortly after, I had the Lasik, 20-15 vision now :whoa:

YAMAHUNT31

Nov 11, 2008
Fred

I have used "Focus - Night and Day" for the last 6 years.
They are 30 day contacts, and you can sleep with them in.

I do use Renu rewetting drops...seems to work for me.

I used to use the old PRO-VUE insert for my goggles....good for riding team....bad for a long mud/rain race though.

Phil

Nov 17, 1999
I have the same problem, usually the fist lap of the race. I assume it's from riding around wide eyed not blinking enough during the first few turns while everyone's still bunched up.

SPARKEY

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
May 7, 2001
I took a stick in the eye in 2004 got a real bad Coronal Abrasion, this has given me more problems than any other injury i have had, eight to ten trips to the optomitirst
I only ware my contacts when i ride haven't have any
problems.

but, when I was removing them after a ride i was reinjuring my eye from the stick incident
now at end of the ride i don't remove them for a few hours until my body rehydrates then I can remove them without the pain.
Remember don't ride without your goggles, eye pain sucks.
:bang:

Sparkey

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
Sparkey,
Hey you might try to add some saline BEFORE removing them to rewet them this way they don't stick to the eyeballs. Old trick I use after wearing them all day and forgot to take them out.
:)~

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…