bikepilot

Nov 12, 2004
You would need new wheels/tires at a minimum (you can buy rims and spokes and then lace them to your hubs to save some $$):)

I belive the KX100 had a longer swingarm too. You can look at the parts microfishe at
www.buykawasaki.com to compare part numbers.

Otherwise the chassie's are the same. Kawasaki's advertising material claims more wheel travel for the KX100, but in the spec sheets its the same for both bikes and the part numbers are the same for all suspension components.

An aftermarket upper tripple clamp will allow the handle bars to be mounted higher and farther foward which makes the bike feel much less cramped for larger riders. Aftermarket bars can also be used for more height if desired. My wife's KX100 has a pro circut top clamp with the bar clamps in the foward position, which seems to work well for her (though I am not crazy about the design of the pc clamp).

If you want a bit more low-mid power you can bolt on a KX100 cylinder/piston too.

Lastly, you will likely need stiffer springs to get the proper sag with a larger rider. The stock setup is pretty much maxed out with a 120lbs rider from what I have read.

BTW
My wife rides an 03kx100 and loves it. My sister also races hare scrambles on an older kx100 with great results.

good luck

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I have a soon-to-be-sold 2000 KX-80 that was converted to a KX-100 with just larger wheels and cylinder (along with a bunch of other mods unrelated to the chassis though). It may be a different case with the 2005, but worth checking to be sure you'd really need a longer swingarm.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom