Sherby24501

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2004
Hi

I currently own and ride/hare scramble a KDX220.

I have a buddy who is intrested in doing a team ride, but to be competative at all we need to run in the under 200cc light team (plus get added talent, skill, fitness etc etc).

To this end I am lloking for a 200 Barrel assembly (and head if required) to fit to my bike. I figure it should work with the smaller carb, boyen reeds and rev pipe I have fitted if I re-jet the carb accordingly.

Has anybody ever done this ? or do you have parts available for the conversion ?

Any feedback (positive prefered) is wlecome, I realise it is a little odd to go down in capacity !

Thanks in advance

Sherby

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Should work, get the carb bored out to 36mm. Try that on line auction place e**y.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
It is totally doable. I thought about it for a while when I first got my bike because I was so unhappy with it's perormance (I needed more revs). Since I only casually race a few times a year I just modded up the 220 and run in the 250 class. If I'm going to get beat anyway I might as well have an excuse ready, and the dispacement/hp excuse works for me every time. :laugh:

You'll need

Cylinder
Cylinder head
Main exhaust valve (220's is shorter to stay out of the larger bore)
Piston & rings
And of course, gaskets

Everything else will change over.

And like you said, carb rejetting. You are actually going to need to go richer with the smaller displacement. The smaller engine will pull less vacuum through the carb, therefor having less signal at the different circuits in the carb. Almost any bike that gets a big bore kit needs leaner jetting because of this.

Maybe you could ge lucky and find someone that wants a 220 and do some parts trading.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
There is a complete 200 engine (sans carb) on e**y presently at 255.00

ebeck

Dec 13, 2006
I am looking for a 200 cylider if someone wants to part with it. I have a 2002 cylinder head and bottom end. I'd even take a 220 jug and head and sell or trade the 2002 cylinder head to complete the motor. I missd the cylinder on e bay when my browser locked up. I have 1/2 motor. *&^%$#@

email me at scottsdalebecks@yahoo.com.

Top Bottom