BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
For the past month, my sister-in-law and I have been planning a surprise for my brother's 53rd Birthday. My brother has always done what ever he could for others and nothing for himself. He's been looking at RV's for over 2 years, every nite on the internet. On my recent trip to Chicago, we found the one he really wanted and within 20 minutes, he talked himself out of buying it. As we drove back to Tulsa, he said, "I feel guilty buying something like that for myself".
Well, after telling my sister-in-law, she asked me to help her find this particular RV, even if it was the one in Illinois. I found one in Wichita and contacted the dealer. So, she has been working on the deal, got the financing (which included my brother signing the papers) all without him finding out. My dad and I drove to Wichita today and picked it up and it is setup in my back yard, AC turned on and a surprise party planned for tomorrow afternoon.
Just so you know, it is a toy hauler made by Keystone. The model is a Kargoroo, 23KRS. I'm just very happy I could assist in making this happen. Hope I don't have to call 911 for a Heart attack! I'll follow up in a day or two.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
Nice trickery. That's awesome... When you're out riding all day it sucks to have to go back to an un-airconditioned tent. Toy haulers are definitely the way to go, but I don't have that luxury yet and I'm afraid it's quite a few years away, so until then I guess I'm sweating it out in the tent. :|

May 10, 2007
i gotta ask HOW DID YOU GET HIM TO SIGN THE PAPERS WITHOUT HIM KNOWING.

im never gonna sign anything ever again now

oops, hit the wrong button. Bswift

Last edited by a moderator:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Sister-in-law consolidated some loans and did a "home improvement" extra, ;). All the folks at the Credit Union were in on it as well.
Jay, I'm sure the HS will have use of the "pro" rig now and again.
Surprise was perfect. He couldn't see it when the drove up and came into the house. We had family and friends of his vehicles parked out of site and everyone was in the house. He's very happy and so is the sister-in-law, she hadn't seen it either. :cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Several trips are in the planning. A return to Chadwick and to Muenster. This rig will sleep 4-6. Very nice and I do have "use" privileges.:yeehaw:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
"I do have "use" privileges."

With contractual obligations guaranteeing no stops at Arbys on the way to any riding areas. :whoa: :uh:

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
No arby's? Why would you go then? My memory seems to recall Brian being the instigator on that trip???

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Lorin said:
No arby's? Why would you go then? My memory seems to recall Brian being the instigator on that trip???
Funny stuff in the old spode cabin.

Top Bottom