toddb3

Apr 20, 2006
What in your opinion is the coolest (as in moisture wicking, heat dissapation) helmet that you know of? I've been using an Oneal for a couple of years and its like an oven.

Thanks

DannyMoto07

Apr 12, 2007
Something light with a lot of vents. I've got a FOX helmet, I don't have it infront of me so I can't list off the model number, but it cost me 115 bucks, and it's one of the cooler helmets I've owned. It's even cooler than my 3/4 motorcycle helmet that I use on my quad. It just rips the heat off the top of your head.

I'll see if I can't get a hold of my brother to find the model.

Dan

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Good question, I'd like to know the same thing. I have an M2R right now, no forehead vents, it feels like an oven although it's very lightweight. My old HJC didn't have the high quality shell that the M2R has, but was way cooler.

toddb3

Apr 20, 2006
I know there has to be a Fox rep or other rep that could chime in and tell us the benefits of thier particular lid.
Thanks

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Best air circulating helmet I've ever had = Arai VX Pro.

toddb3

Apr 20, 2006
Just got a good deal on a Troy Lee SE on the auction site, I dont have it in my posession yet but its got a lot vents and supposedly pretty light. I'll let you guys know what its like when I get it.

toddb3

Apr 20, 2006
Finally got my Troy Lee SE helmet! Awesome quality compared to my Oneal and lots of vents. I went for a ride the other day and compared to my old helmet it felt like I wasnt wearing one, way cooler and way more comfortable. The graphics are impressive too, they are painted on rather than sticker graphics and riding at least 20mph I could actually feel air passing through the helmet. I give it a :cool: I'm sure that I'll be able to ride longer now that my head isnt trapped in a oven. The helmet bag that it came with is somewhat snazzy too, oh yeah, it came with an extra helmet visor.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Redneck vent system.....
As mentioned, my new M2R is a very nice helmet, but hot with no vents. I've become a fair weather rider and put the bike away during the hot summer months. However we have our national dual sport (more of a 200 mile enduro........tight) coming up always in June, so this one is usually 85-90 degrees. Took my old, nasty, beat-up HJC out of retirement and modified it. I'm a sheetmetal worker and made two mini scoops out of alum........rivited them over the two forehead vents and drilled two 3/8" holes at the rear of the helmet, just below the crown. I should probably not have done this or recomended it, probably damages the integritity of the helmet, but I did. Incredible difference..........really flows some air.

Top Bottom