jakeadake

Apr 11, 2008
What type of coolant should I run in my KX60? It is green. Do I need to mix it with water 50/50? Also would 20oz of 80w gear oil be right for the crankcase?

SHSPVR

Oct 24, 2006
That all I have ever used it 50/50 premix
Get motorcycle gear type oil something like
PJ1 Gold Series 2-Stroke Gear Oil for Transmissions
Castrol MTX Synthetic 2-Stroke Gear Oil for Transmissions
Maxima MTL 2 and 4-cycle Transmission Fluid
Bel-Ray MC-4 Gear Oil "The Gear Saver"
Klotz Flex Drive 30 Synthetic Gear
Motorex Hypoid Gear Oil 80W90
or standard 10W40, 20W50 motor oil like Shell ROTELLA T
Keep in mind that Truck and Automotive and etc differentials and must manual transmissions that used standard Gear Oil are not the same as Motorcycle/ATV type Gear Oil becuases of the wet clutchs unlike pre-83 build bike it was ATF Type F Automatic transmissions fluid.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If you are not worried about it freezing distilled water and a touch of Redline Water Wetter is an exceptional coolant. Better than 50/50 antifreeze in my book. 2 stroke transmissions have always like the Type F ATF I've used in them of course ATF is made for a wet clutch environment... just like a 2T transmission! Imagine that.

jakeadake

Apr 11, 2008
Right now I have Valvoline 80w/90 Gear Oil in the crankcase at around 22oz. I rode the bike for the first time yesterday and it runs good. This is my first two stroke dirtbike, as I traded it even for an XR100. I am yet to change the coolant, which is my next step. I know nothing about coolant only mixing it 50/50 with water. So I'd like to go the cheap route if possible, like regular automotive antifreeze mixed with water. Is that alright for my bike?

Yesterday's ride really didn't go so well. I pushed my bike (off) arcoss an Owasa sewer line to my cousins house. I had three people yell at me telling me to get off their property, and I wasn't even riding nor was I on their property. So I was stuck with a two mile ride through the neighborhood back, and someone called in on me. I was in 3rd 1/4 throttle about 10mph not even on the pipe so the bike wouldn't be loud, and in the bike line. Cop followed me home. Bummer how people are these days. They want to get into your business if you're having any fun. This was about 2pm on a nice sunny day. :cool:

SHSPVR

Oct 24, 2006
Get regular automotive antifreeze that all ready pre-mix it all ready 50/50 and it distilled water.
By the way it dosen't take 22oz you over fill it

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You want cheap? Get a bottle of distilled water for $0.79 and use that. You don't need antifreeze unless it's going to FREEZE.

Top Bottom