adb

Jun 14, 2008
Hi guys,

Just came back from a ride yesterday and noticed that the hole under the water pump is very wet. Although i have been watching it over the last few rides, my fear that it has become worse has come true. I have been told that this is a breather hold for atmospheric pressure?? But if fluid leaks out of there it could be a seal that has gone or going. The fluid that leaks out is NOT clear radiator fluid, rather an oily colour, therefore i'm presuming my oil seal has gone.... bugger.....

Anyways, i have been checking the parts diagrams on the bike but cannot seem to work out which seal has blown. Was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction witha part number?? I was thinking part no's : 92049-013, 92049-1207, 92049-1259 and 92049-1262, but it would appear that it is too many seals??? Could anything else be causing this leak? Crappy impeller??

BTW: I am losing coolant fluid at a slow rate too.

Cheers

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I would go with 92049-1259 oil seal for pump shaft. 49063-1055 mecahanical water seal. 670B1506 O'ring behind impeller. You also may want to put a new waterpump shaft bearing while your into it. Some of your #'s have nothing to do with waterpump -1262 clutch arm seal 013 kick crank seal.

Tom68

Oct 1, 2007
If thats an SR model it will have a car type water pump seal and a seperate oil seal with a ventilated gap in between. If thats the case the oil seal is easy to replace once you remove the right side engine cover.If you want to save the job until it needs more work you can silastic the breather hole, don't do that if you think the water pump seal is leaking as well. Pressure test to find coolant loss.

adb

Jun 14, 2008
thanks for the replies guys.... i'll get stuck into the job in a few days.... must order me some parts first..

Top Bottom