GrassMaster

Dec 22, 2003
Im new to having bike that arent air cooled. But anyways I was wondering should coolant be leaking out the bottom from a tube in drops? Thanks for your time.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
I've discovered on my KDX220 that it is best not to top off the radiator but leave a little air gap, then remove the overflow tank to increase air flow over the radiator. Also, I went to an auto parts store and got a cap that was rated at 1.3 instead of the stock 1.1 and now I never loose fluid and the bike runs cooler. Normal barrel temperature on my bike is 195 degress F.

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
If its leaking out of the overflow tube from the coolant recovery tank then its possibly overfilled,tube runs down to the bottom of the frame just at the right side engine guard.As your riding down the trails and the bike is bouncing around the coolant does this also and slowly makes it way out the overflow tube,simply keep the level in the tank less the 25mm(1")when cold and this will reduce the problem,if you have removed the recovery tank and are just running a hose straight to the bottom of the frame then just keep the level in the radiators down 20mm(3/4") and this will reduce the problem also,unless of course your overheating and blowing coolant out all over the place.
I only seem to have this problem when doing sumersaults and when dragging the tip of the rear fender on a 4th or 5th gear wheelie. :laugh: :laugh: (just kidding)

GrassMaster

Dec 22, 2003
I’m also wondering after every ride I have to fill up the plastic coolant resivwar (sp) on the right side of the bike next to the gas tank. Is it supposed to do that or would that maybe be a part of my leaking coolant out the bottom of my bike? Thanks.

Top Bottom