Mr.Sloth85

Mar 19, 2007
I have a brand new 07 kx250f and this thing leaks coolant like no other. Not a few drops but like a puddle. This is my first bike and after a few rides i had to put more coolant is when my buddy bought his new 07 that same day and still has plenty. I thought it might have been just full, but when I refilled it, it did the same. huge puddle of coolant under my bike. It only seems to happen when I turn the gas off and keep the bike running after my day of riding. Is this a serious problem or is it common and is an easy fix. All coolant leaks from the hose.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
does it ever stop...or does it just keep going until the coolant is empty? sorry, i'm a noob at this...just trying to help out, because it's very seldom you'll find help this late at night.

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
may i ask why are you running your bike at idle with the gas off?...........maybe your overheating the engine and its just overflowing like its designed to?

if you not storing the bike for a long time just shut the gas off and forget about it,if you are storing the bike for a while just shut the gas off and remove the drain on the bottom of you carb and let it drain.

Mr.Sloth85

Mar 19, 2007
john stu said:
may i ask why are you running your bike at idle with the gas off?...........maybe your overheating the engine and its just overflowing like its designed to?

if you not storing the bike for a long time just shut the gas off and forget about it,if you are storing the bike for a while just shut the gas off and remove the drain on the bottom of you carb and let it drain.

So dont run the gas out that way? My duddies do it and there coolant doesnt leak. Not that im doubting you. I wont run it idle anymore. Im noobish so I do what im told :bang: :coocoo:
Thanks for the replies. So you think its not serious

cthowards

~SPONSOR~
Feb 13, 2006
If I idle my CRF450R took long coolant will start to run out of the overflow. It sounds as though you are overheating it. If you want to emplty the carb, try turning the gas off as your riding off the track so that the amount of time spent at idle is limited. The new four strokes really need air flowing through the radiators to keep from overheating.

Top Bottom