cop caught me on the street with my RM

RmTony

Jul 11, 2012
He was kool and looked the other way this one time and told me all i need is a head light and tail light and i wont get in trouble. So guess what im getting next week ;) ....

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
There are 2 stroke dual sports out there.

The point is don't ride a dirtbike not licensed for the road on the road.

Ivan

RmTony

Jul 11, 2012
where i used to live we ride them on street, and you only had a issue if you didn't have a helmet. When i moved to fall river, ma it was like closed doors when i asked about riding a dirt bike, but this cop today told me i could ride on the street if i get a head light, tail light and get a registration sticker.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
RmTony said:
... i could ride on the street if i get a head light, tail light and get a registration sticker.
You won't be able to register it very easily. I know guys that have done it but it's sketchy.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
the only way to legally get it done would be to have a title that does not have, "for offroad use only" written on it. NH, and VT used to plate offroad bikes but I'm not sure if they do anymore.

By Taillight, I'm sure the officer meant tail light and brake light combo, plus you would need directionals and a horn.
By far the largest hurdle will be title and registration. Oh, and then you have to find insurance that is willing to cover your conversion bike. Street vehicles need to have insurance.

RmTony

Jul 11, 2012
I talked to the officer today and he told me it will be registered as a moped ( he stated fill the form as a moped) and i called the RMV and i just need a bill of sale, also mopeds do not require plates in Mass.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
According to: http://www.mass.gov/rmv/license/7moped.htm

RmTony

Jul 11, 2012
Sorry already talked to the right people today, and it will be get registered as a moped i.e. 150cc scooter, which does not get plated in mass only a sticker.

I really dont want to rub anybody the wrong way on here but i got info from the RMV and a local cop.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
learn something new every day. Never thought it would be that easy. Ride safe.

RmTony

Jul 11, 2012
there are loop holes just gotta find them, plus in taxachusetts money talks and lazy folk just make is easier, the best loop i found when when i got my ZX6R Kawi registered, no MC license or permit, the insurance put it in as a parked vehicle unlicensed and noted To be moved by owner only. Got pulled over by a trooper who wasn't going for it and was pissed he couldn't get me for riding without a license. Long story short they run the plate comes back 1 owner no operator except when i gave registration and said only owner may operate vehicle.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Wow, love loopholes...

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hey man, I am NOT a loophole, its called "fell thru the cracks!"

I miss you guys, no homo.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
a454elk said:
Hey man, I am NOT a loophole, its called "fell thru the cracks!"

Who's crack did you fall through? :whoa:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm surprised you still have access to a computer holesnot based on your probation conditions! :moon:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Elky Fife - only 89'r can judge you

Attachments

• BarneyFife.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Ack!!!!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
holeshot said:
Elky Fife - only 89'r can judge you

HEY NOW!!! :ohmy: Don't get me involved. :laugh: :fft:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Remind him what he's in cause he tends to forget.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…