a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Well, Thumbs, 89er, Elk Jr (Dirt Nap) and I went to ride the infamous Corona ride with 9er as our guide. Can you say "DUST"?! We met near 9er's casa and saddled up and headed out towards the hills. A few short jaunts on the paved road (had to leave the badge at the truck) and we were hittin the dirt! We got to see a nice practive track where we proceeded to jump like rabbits and then we headed East.

Let me say that if you weren't riding the guys tire ahead of you then you needed to be 10 seconds back! There wasn't much wind so the dust the got kicked up by 89er's wild 4 choke was enough to choke me! Everyone hung in there pretty well, Dirt Nap had a tough start with that new Zuki (first time on the trails with it after the "incident") but he hung in there like a champ.

Thumbs went naked, no helmet skin that is, and he felt free and wild! You could see it in his eyes, he had the eye of the tiger, or was that the eye full of dust?

Once we hit the hills, I got a chance to chase 9er around those darn trails! Something had to give, and it happened to be 9er's front tire. Lost air like a sail with no wind! It would have been fine if we were riddin the railroad tracks but that wasn't the case. 9er looked like a hawaiian outrigger on the trail. I was laughing so hard and he could hear me, which in turn made him laugh his butt off! Thanks for the laughter 9er, couldn't have done it without you!;)

All in all, no big falls, just some "off course" stuff, intentional, of course! Thanks Thumbs for coming out and 9er for the guide. Hope to do it again sometime. I'm looking for the Big Bear ride, let's go!

Elk

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Dust??? What dust??? I didn't notice any dust. :)

Originally posted by a454elk
[I was laughing so hard and he could hear me, which in turn made him laugh his butt off! Thanks for the laughter 9er, couldn't have done it without you!;)

Elk [/B]

Elk.

Glad I was able to provide you with a little entertainment. I'll have to admit, that musta looked pretty funny.

Elk Jr. aka 'Dirt Nap' looked pretty comfortable on his new ride. Looks like you will have a good trail partner there. :D

Thumbs was flawless as usual. Glad you could make it Tony.

Pray for rain. :scream:

Ol'89r

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Ol'89r rode half the day with a flat front tire and was still faster than me.

Elk kicked up so much dust that even if I was fast enough to catch him it still would have been a task to pass.

On one particular rocky, dusty, silty, off camber hill climb Ol'89r thought he was Mountain goat (or his scooter did) and just veered off the left side of the trail and disappeared. Elk was next victum that did not make it up without incident. He started out with a good run but about 3/4 of the way up the mighty Zuki found some unexpected traction on the dusty rocks and up came the front end. I was right behind him and it looked as if he was going to just pivot the bike on the rear wheel and let gravity pull the front end back down hill. Or at least in that direction. I'm not sure if it was skill or luck but he saved it. My problem came just about 10 feet after I squeezed by the Elk. I'm not sure what happen but more than likely it was not my fault. Probably Elk's fault ........or maybe it was that huge rock I plowed my front tire into. Next was Dirt Nap. He is the least experienced, has never ridden here and is just getting used to a new bike. This should be fun to watch. His first run at it was his only run at it. He sailed right up the middle without incident picking his way by our dead bikes on the hill side................ Damn kids!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Sounds like a good time was had by all.

When is this Big Bear ride you speak of?

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I tried to find you guys, I was way late, at first I thought Elk was a no show because I didn't see his El camino. I turned around and went home, spent the day doing brakes on the truck...........not much fun there.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Yeah Thumbs, it was my fault. I was climbing that freakin hill and I heard you screaming for help. I used a large rock to bump the front end up and spin it your way, just to see you doin just fine. At that point, I was already off course so I figured I might as well salvage what little dignity I had. I then shot some stink eye your direction which caused your horse to buck!;) I was in a great position then to watch dirt nap get eaten by the hill but to my dismay, he passed right by, never lending a hand to either of us! I grounded him when we got home, he feels guilty now!:):)

Big Bear, ASAP! That's all I can say about that. Soon!

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Here Iam watching the races at Mamoth and you guys are busy having fun riding without me. And to think I thought I was the entertainment in the crowd.
Sounds like you guys had a good ride, see some of you at Kennedy Meadows this weekend.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by thumbs

On one particular rocky, dusty, silty, off camber hill climb Ol'89r thought he was Mountain goat (or his scooter did) and just veered off the left side of the trail and disappeared.

Ha! :) I never did say I was in control.

"Some times your the pilot, sometimes your just a passenger." :confused: :scream: :)

JP. You should have called me, we could have looped back for you.

Elk. Thanks for grounding the kid. He should know better than to show us up like that. :)

Let's put something together for Big Bear / Silverwood soon after Kennedy Meadows.

Ol'89r

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Let's do it, the new sparky came in yesterday!! Come one, how bout tonight or maybe tomorrow morning, or maybe......

Hey 9er, thanks for showing me the fire truck and the buggy! Couldn't decide which one I wanted to drive first!!:)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Let's do it, the new sparky came in yesterday!! Come one, how bout tonight or maybe tomorrow morning, or maybe......

HA! :) Looks like we converted another track rider over to trails. :D

Now, if we could just get him off that silly two-smoke. :confused:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
:moon: :moon: The only time I get off that thing is usually not by choice!:):)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
[BThe only time I get off that thing is usually not by choice! [/B]

Yup.... you gotta constantly stop and pick up the pieces that fall off the spaz bike. :moon:

I couldn't resist.... ;)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I saw you lurkin over here! :moon: :moon: The only parts that fall off are from the Yamy's I pass when they get wedged in the radiator shroud!:)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
You guys have got to stop razzing Elk about his 2-smoke. There's nothing like a good 2-smoke trailbike, but if you can't afford a KTM you might as well convert a motocross bike! :debil:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by ktmboy
There's nothing like a good 2-smoke trailbike,:debil:

Hey Lizzard boy. Get in out of the heat. It's starting to affect your thinking. :) :) :) :moon:

Ol'89r

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Did you get the joke? "There's nothing like a good 2-smoke trailbike, but if you can't afford a KTM........"

Okay, I'll come in now and drink something cold. I guess my humor is beginning to warp again!

Top Bottom