corral canyon for you socal riders

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
I just got back from a ride this weekend at corral canyon (near lake Morena by campo ca), I hadn’t been there in years and allot has changed. There are 2 separate camping areas and lots of great trails ranging from fire roads to mountain goat trails. There is 4 main loops (that I know of) that range "about" 8-10 miles each, with lots of intersecting trail. It’s close to San Diego, good riding, and great camp sites, I suggest anyone near this area should give it a try.
And let me know if you do ;)

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Thanks Steve.

That sounds like fun. After the Crew gets back from Dirt Week, we will come and check it out. Post a ride. :thumb:

Is that off of interstate 8?

Ol'89r

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I've been to Corral Canyon a few times it's nice because it's so close. But, I don't think it's that great (just my opinion). It is not that big of an area and on the weekends it can get crowded. You have to be really careful on the fire roads for q*uads or even trucks coming from the opposite way. I perfer it as a quick mid-week ride.
89er- If you wanted to get a group ride together I think it's better to go to Ocotillo.
Steve- Have you been to McCains Valley? I been thinking of going there since I've never been there. It's about a 20 mins. farther up the 8.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
Is that off of interstate 8?
yes it is, the riding area is not as big as the arrow-bear area but for us san diego guys it's real close and simular riding.
Have you been to McCains Valley?
yes but like corral canyon it's been awhile, i used to also hunt in the area. not sure how big the trail system is but dont believe it would be very big, if you want to try it out some weekend let me know, it's an easy day trip for me.
89er- If you wanted to get a group ride together I think it's better to go to Ocotillo.
i agree ocotillo or ocotillo wells would make a nice trip, i can see on a popular weekend corral canyon can be a little dangerous, i had a couple close calls last week. my friend son got his leg broke from an out of control quad the last time they went out, didnt seem to affect him this trip, the kid did great on his xr 50!

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Steve- I read somewhere that McCains Valley had 36 miles of trails. Not too big but worth a half day run. If you want to check it out maybe this Sun (10/6) or next Sun (10/13) PM me and we'll set something up.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom