Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Since the last trip was canceled I’m thinking it’s time to hit Corral Canyon. I’m planning on Sun. Dec. 21 9:00am at the Pine Valley exit. Who’s up for it? :thumb:

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
i might be able to make it let you know more later, but i still have the gas issue. i guess i better start looking for a container to strap to the front.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Too bad you can't make it, hope you can do Ocotillo. How was Amago? How are the jumps, are they mostly table tops or doubles? How was the dirt, was the track groomed? Was it crowded? what's the price to get in?

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
amago was great, it's $20.00 to get in for the day. the jumps are all tabletops but one, which is a double, i simply just rode around it(there is one down hill jump where if not careful you can get Major air!) it's pretty large and well maintained, no hugh ruts, holes and it softened up in all the right places with traffic. they watered once while we were there and it made the track a little slippery at first but on a warmer day im sure this wouldnt be a problem. and traffic was not a problem, it never got too crowded.
when we first arrived i noticed that it looked like people(1 camper) were camping over night. i forgot to ask weather this was cool or not.
but it would be great if they allowed camping and could make a weekend out of it. im going to have to look into this.
if you like to jump, i think you'll like it

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
The ride was great. It was me, Mike, my neighbor, and his son. I know everbody was a little sore after the 50 miles of rock infested trails. From the recent rains there seems to be even more rocks on the trails then I remember from last time. Everyone made it back in one piece but Mike took a couple of rock samples and a bark sample that bent his clutch lever. My most frightening moment came from a head on collison with another rider. On a tight trail as I was heading up the trail and around a corner the other guy was heading down at a pretty good pace. We saw each other at the last moment. He layed his bike down and I went over my bars. As I was standing, it was easy for me to launch over the top of my bars which actually ended up as a relatively non-violent crash as we seem to clear each other and the bikes thus, everybody was OK. The guy had a broken clutch lever but said that it had happened earlier which would explain why he was a little out of control coming down the hill. All in all, it was a good trip which tested everyones stamina and riding skills. :thumb:

Top Bottom