Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Anybody want to do Corrall canyon on Sun. 11/16. I plan on staging at the Pine Valley exit and rinding in. Anyone else up for it?

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
sounds like fun, i will know more later in the week if i can go.
this will be my first time riding from pine valley to correl canyon(years ago i did ride from bear valley road to corral canyon), how far is it?
how much riding do you plan at corral canyon?, im just thinking about gas range and what type of riding is it? single track? 4x4 trail? fireroad or the deep steep nasty dusty rocky stuff.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Steve- It's about 50-50 between fire road and single track. We start of on the fire roads then hit the single track (Kernan cycle trail) that drops us down into the valley (where to road that leads into Corrall Canyon is) then back up the trail to the four corners staging area. From there I head up the tower road to the backside where the four weel drive trail is that leads to the west end of Corrall Canyon. Then we take the single track (wrangler trail) back to the four corners staging area then go back on the Kernan cycle trail to get back where we started.  It's probablly about a 50 mile loop. I went with a guy on an old yz250 that bought along a small water bottle of fuel and he made it no problem so I would think you could do the same. The trails aren't to difficult. The first one is the steepest and rockiest but I go pretty slow on them and it's not a problem. Plus one time we rode it a guys girlfriend on a tt125 went along and if she could do it I know you won't have a problem with it.

My guess is it will take us about 4-5 hours depending on how many rest breaks we take.

Mike_socal

Oct 1, 2003
I'm up for it. I too don't know if I can make 50 miles on one tank though. From what I've heard, my tank is only good for about 45 miles. I'd have to figure out some way of transporting additional gas.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Mike- There shouldn't be any problem with you. If we have to we can always transfer some gas out of my tank into yours. I'll have my desert tank on but I've made the loop with my stock tank as well.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Where's Corrall canyon?

Drive time from Orange County?

Mike_socal

Oct 1, 2003
Tree, my tank is only 1.8 gal. I'll definetly have to re-fill before we make it back. Where exactly are you staging off of Pine Valley exit and what car should I be looking for?

2strok4fun, I think Corrall Canyon is located off Buckman Springs exit off hwy 8.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I'll have a red jeep wrangler pulling a small trailer.  As you get of the exit turn right. There's a little cul-de-sac there where I'll be parking. Beware that there is a sign that says you need the forest adventure pass to park there but anyone who doesn't have one just parks outside of the cul-de-sac and your ok.

2strok4fun- Corrall Canyon is about 45 mins east of San Diego. Like Mike said it's located off the buckman springs exit off of the 8. But, by staging at Pine valley we cut out 20mins of car time and add it to more time on the bike. :yeehaw:  I think it would take about 2-2.5 hrs from OC. Map quest say 2.04 hrs from anaheim to pine valley.

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Tree, What time are you all riding. I was going to run the Hilltoppers race, but did so poorly at the Wicked Bird Enduro this past Sunday that I was thinking of riding the route again. I live in Fallbrook and it's a 3 hr drive to Camp Rock Rd (Anderson Dry Lake Lucerne) and about 30-40 mins less to Pine Valley, so I would consider that too. I'd like to ride the trails (rocky and nasty) back at Camp Rock Rd, but after reading what happend to Eel. I question riding it alone, so riding with a group on SDCO trails sounds good too.

I'll keep an eye out and my show up. I'll let you all know for sure by Saturday.

thanks Ed

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I was planing on being there by 7:30am and heading out on the ride by 8:00am. That way we would finish up by 12:00-1:00pm.

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Tree, Are all of the fire roads on your route open to OHV. I'm greensticker only. Also it looks like Lake Arrow Head is closed to OHV till March, do you know if there are any problems where you are going?

Thanks for the input.

Ed

Husqvarna TE-570

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I just got off the phone with the forest service and the area is open.

Mike- the Red sticker season is Dec. 1 through Jan 31. so its up to you if you want to risk it or not. Did you sell the cr?

Mike_socal

Oct 1, 2003
Damn. I'll just try to make Ocotillo thanksgiving weekend. Maybe I can meet you guys on the Sat of thanksgiving weekend. I still have the CR but no spark arrestor for it. I have one for the yz.

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Tree, thanks for the input on your ride. It looks like I may race the desert stuff at Lucerne or jump in on this KTMTalk ride out at Ocotillo Wells.

thanks again and maybe next time i'll make it out.

Thanks Ed

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
Yea, it looks like this ride is falling apart I had some other friends cancel as well so I don't think I'm going tomorrow. I'll have to reschedule it for a Sun in Dec.. Then Mike will be good to go also.

Top Bottom