Cost of full engine rebuild on 05/06 yz125?

blanc

Dec 18, 2002
Hi All,

Who are the cheapest people to purchase parts from to fully rebuild my engine, crank, piston, gaskets, transbearings and 2 transgears?

Rgds

Steve

WVFR

Jan 4, 2007
I use BikeBandit for parts but I don't think they are the cheapest out there. But with their schematics it is easy to find the exact parts you need.

Last edited:

WVFR

Jan 4, 2007
I just did a quick cost on bikebandit:

$486 - Piston, ring, crank, bearings, cylinder gasket and seals.
$53 - Trans bearings and seals.
$17 - Trans washers and clips.
$388 - Trans gears.
$145 - Trans shafts.

$1089 - Total for top end, bottom end, and total transmission rebuild.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Motosport has them complete engine kits for 320 from hotrod. Reconditioned crank,wiseco piston,ring,wristpin and bearing,crank seals and bearings, and a complete gasket set! http://www.motosport.com/offroad/productDetail.php?prodId=955468&nav=&sMMY=, Well it is a little more,but I seen something about free 2 day air! Nobody should have issues with a deal like this around!

blanc

Dec 18, 2002
thanks a million lads, Im am going to use the bike for mainly woods riding and grasstrack what mods would you suggest doing?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Get a bigger rear sprocket. Have the compression lowered and the porting mellowed out. A pipe and silencer for low end and QUIET! Soon the bolt on hard heads will chime in with the scary now inserts,heavier flywheels and bizarre plugs! Do not forget what that bike was made for and what you are going to do with it. From the looks of your other bikes abrupt power bursts are right up your alley!

blanc

Dec 18, 2002
lol...ive been racing road racing all year so am actually looking for something nice and soft (safe lol) how do i do the comp???

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I do not know if anyone is making plates for the bottom of the cylinder. Normally I would suggest sending it to forward motion,Eric Gorr! But maybe you have someone closer,or call Eric.

Top Bottom