69HemiGTX

Jun 27, 2004
I just bought a used WER damper, and the seller told me it is in good shape. Just in case it isn't, what does a rebuild cost for one? WER's website has no details. Most people just claim to change the oil every year to keep them fresh and trouble free. If I can get away with just doing that, what type and weight oil should I use?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I used 5w fork oil. WER sells a rebuild kit with seals, o-rings and stuff, for about $60. Or, you can ship it to them and they'll do it for about $100. If you choose to do it yourself, it comes with instructions, although it's rather tricky to bleed all the air out. I got 2 years out of mine, with regular oil changes, before it needed a rebuild. If you hear "squishing and bubble sounds" it needs work.

COLEMANAPP

~SPONSOR~
Feb 19, 2002
A buddy told me to forget bleeding the air out. The oils cheap enough where he just fills 2 bowls of oil large enough to fit the WER and just pumps out the old stuff using one bowl and then use the clean bowl for filling. That way, no air has a chance of entering. Sounded like a good idea to me.

Top Bottom