kurt15

May 22, 2006
Hey everyone, just barely made it home from my buddies track today... went nose first into his biggest double. I haven't been able to take a really good look at my bike seeing as i cant hold a ratchet,(im typing this with my bad hand, its taking me forever) but the front tire isnt lined up straight with the forks, could i have bent the fron axle or sometihng? my suspension looked kinda bent but still compresses so i might just be paranoid. Besides that only one of my handlebar clamps popped out n my bars are bent but they were bent before so i dont care, my foot preg is bent up and i cant feel my left arm elbow down, got a good sized gash on my elbow, waiting for it to stop bleeding and i cant feel myleft side of my body, as i "tucked and rolled" on the landing. Back to my question though can u bend ur front axle or is that not right and is it maybe my wheel is bent or maybe my forks arent straight ill try to get pictures on here if i can so u can see what i meen. sorry for some typos but yeah i gotta wait till my parents gete home to see if im bad but i tihnk ill be ok, i just hope they dont flip when they see the blood on the shower curtain! but look at me rambling any help on my question would be appreciated, thanks..

kurt15

May 22, 2006
triple clamps are the ones that hold the forks straight? or the ones that hold on the bars? im mech. inclined but for some reason dont know the name of like anything which sucks ahah

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Odds are it's just the forks twisted in the clamps, or the bars mounts tweaked in the triple clamp. Just like a bicycle start by grabbing the bars and tweaking them the direction they need to go if you get it straight easily then they were just tweeked which is very common. If you can't get them straight that way, loosen everything off (pinch bolts etc) and then straighten everything and re torque everything. If you still can't get things straightened out start looking for bent components like the bars or bar mounts.

As Joe said get yourself taken care of first and next time follow the first rule of learning doubles "it's better to over jump than come up short"

kurt15

May 22, 2006
"it's better to over jump than come up short" haha yes i realized this but i didnt realize till i was on the face i was in the wrong gear n all i thought was "wait.... uhoh." haha i'm ok i got up n practically jogged it off (first time ive left the bike on the ground) yikes.

Top Bottom