could this truly be 2003 team suzuki?

ZOOK250

Oct 5, 2001
i just read on another site that roger.d has put out offers to tortellie and roncada for 03. that means the team could be,
1. pastrana
2. langston
3. tortellie
4. roncada
there are also rumors about windham going , possibly to ktm? supposedly they will be fielding a full 250 team next year.
has anyone else heard anything?

biker

Sep 22, 2000
Langston signed again with KTM, to ride the 250 in 2003. He said Suzuki made him a great offer, but he wanted to stick with KTM.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Where you gettin' your information?

Anyone can start something like that. I could say that theres a rumor that McGrath is unhappy with his Yamaha so he's going to field a team on GasGas next year.

Heck, I just did! ;)

ZOOK250

Oct 5, 2001
i heard MC was going to finance the rebirth of maico!
i read it from mikee p on the fresh dirt site . check it out.( the suzuki thing that is.)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Hey Ruck, that is an interesting development there!

When Kawasaki and Suzuki merge, what's going to happen to those teams? Team Chevy Trucks/Sobe Kawazuki/Susaki?

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I think the Team Suzuki thing was purely speculation at best. I don't think that Suzuki has the resources ($) to sign up all those guys, plus as stated before Langston has re-signed with KTM for the next two years to ride a 250.

Oh and XRP your little rumor with MC dropping Yamaha might come true.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Milquetoast
McGrath in green?

i got to see that once, ponca city, 1990. mc, swink, and hughes went at it. if i remember correctly, brown and gonzales were there too. all were blazing fast even then. the final day was a huge mud pit. it barely slowed them down. it was amazing. mc won.

yours truly slopped his way to a 7th place finish in the 30+ non-pro. :D

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
This, from davidbaileymx.com, not "less" silly:

Rumors were circulating this weekend about Langston signing with Suzuki, but later turned out to be just a rumor. Pastrana supposedly was offered a huge deal by Dodge, and brought them on board with Suzuki, but that hasn’t been confirmed. Nobody knows for sure what Windham is up to these days, or if he will ride next week at Glen Helen. His contract is up at the end of the year, and Suzuki doesn’t seem that interested in him. Kevin is only 23 years old and capable of winning, but he’s been hard to reach lately. Tortelli is a free agent at the end of this season as well. Here’s my wild guess as to what happens next season. Honda is set with RC, Ramsey and Fonz. A guy on a 250, a guy on a 450F and a 125 guy. Tortelli ends up at Kawasaki where he started. Suzuki is looking at him too, but Kawi needs an outdoor guy. Lusk isn’t as much an outdoor guy as Tortelli, and it will be a while before Stewart moves up to the majors. Windham goes with McGrath’s Bud Light team on…who knows what bike? It might be a Suzuki, and McGrath is rumored to be unhappy with Yamaha at the moment. They don’t need another Yamaha guy with Ferry on the YZ426, and Reed and Vuillemin on 250’s. Suzuki needs somebody solid who can sell bikes! Windham can whip it, and Pastrana can sell videos and win gold medals at the X-Games, but they need a guy like Jeremy who can sell bikes. Suzuki can give Kevin to McGrath’s team, and still reap rewards if Kevin rebounds. Plus I think it would be a bonus for Bud Light if Jeremy had an outdoor guy. Other news surrounding the weekend was the filming of another “Charlie’s Angels.” I’m sure RacerX or one of the other web sites will have more on that. I didn’t see Cameron Diaz or Drew Barrymore, but after their visit to the Anaheim race, I guess they were impressed.

McGrath owning a Budlight Zook team with Windham riding outdoors? :silly:

ZOOK250

Oct 5, 2001
mc should hire winham, but not tell any one. then he can get winham to wear a mcgrath jersey and say that he is returning to out door motocross. that way they only have to ride the series that each one is good at. it could work. they both have brown hair,(somtimes).jeremy just had a sudden growth spurt. jeremy did better on suzuki in 97 than he did this year (#3) anyway. a bikes a bike when you get to thier level. go maico.

SiCnTwIsTdYz

Apr 10, 2002
1. pastrana
2. langston
3. tortelli
4. roncada on team suzuki that is gonna be a greeat team but lanston is here to stay on ktm, i sure hope that weindham stays there, that will be an awsome team

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
McGrath rides yellow again

jeremy did better on suzuki in 97 than he did this year (#3) anyway. a bikes a bike when you get to thier level.

Very true. A flat at one race and 2 crashes with Lamson at Anaheim is what happened to his #1 plate in '97. His bike was as good as any other on the line. Besides, I think that Suzuki made a quantam leap with their 2001 and 2002 bikes. When Pastrana and Kevin are riding them, they are consistently in front off the start and we all saw what they were capable of when Windham was on.

osheen

Feb 27, 2000
Windumb is the biggest waste of natural talent since Ron Lechien. He'd be a threat if the race is 3 laps long (short laps, that is).

Top Bottom