Counter balancer

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
Im looking on a LT500 microfish on the crank, cant really see the difference between it and a non-counterbalanced engine. However why isnt it used in bigbore dirtbikes? Could it be installed on a cr or kx500?

When im into this subject, making the bottom and front engine mounts rubbermounted would it help reducing vibrations or would it make it worse? Also do you think filling the frame and handlebar with silicon help much? Also rubbermount handlebar and footpegs.

I havent acually ridden a 500 2-stroke yet so i cant say how big the vibrations are but as i have heard its pretty much. The only bike i have ridden that had vibrations was a 80's cr250 with not a single part or fluid change the last 5 years so the crank bearings were probably worn making the crank jump. It hurted a little on the hands after a while but otherwise nothing annoying as far as i remember. How is a 500?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
A 500 does vibrate a fair amount.If you rev them hard they are nasty.You tend to change up early on them.I guess they dont use a balaceshaft due to weight and compexity(they havnt changed for years)

Filling the handle bars with silicon helps a fair amount.I filled a cr frame with expanding foam but IMO it was a waste of time.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…