CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Will probably be my last SoCal ride for a looong time. Any of the crew that want to come out for a blast - please do. It's gonna be great. Jawbone is so awesome.

I expect the usual Spanksgiving crowd. Bunch of old crusty dirt-gods: Dopey, Bonehead, Herman the German, Kiwi, etc.

Directions (same as 2002):
From the north end of Mojave at the Autozone 14/58 highway split zero your trip meter.

Take highway 14 north towards Mammoth/Reno

At mile 18.25 turn left at Jawbone Canyon.

Continue past the cattle crossing at mile 22.1 where the road turns to dirt.

At mile 22.7 turn right on to SC176, go across the wash and at mile 22.8 veer left - there is a sign saying SC176 goes straight.

At 22.95 which is basically the first available turn veer right so that the closest hills (colored blue if you are arriving in daylight) are on your left.

Follow around the base of the hill until our camp which is at mile 23.1.

Look for lot's of KTM's.

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Jack, where are you going?

I thought Jawbone was a Thanksgiving event. You going for one day or the whole week?

I will be in Arizona for Thanksgiving. I might be able to make it for the day.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Captain Jack has had his reserve unit called up for some ass kicking duty overseas.

This will be his last ride for some considerable time - come out and ride and pop a top with us to send him off.

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Greg, they'll be out there the whole week but I'm only going this Sunday.

Scott, I'm going to the big sandbox. The orders are for 545 days. Why? I don't know, but we'll probably spend just 1 yr in the hostile fire zone. Looks like Ft. Bliss TX for the remainder.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
No sh... Give em hell. I don't think I'll make it out. Let me know if you want to use my garage for the bikes. I'd be happy to sell the XR400 for you and clean up & store the GG2. It will give me something to do, since my riding days are way out in the future with the new baby and all.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Id like to make it out, but there is no way before turkey day for me. Give em hell :p

BTW- kelsorat, babywipes work great to clean up the bike :moon: ;)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Jack----I've got a concert to play Sunday :( so I can't make it. Have fun with those die-hard Jawbonites this weekend. And if you take a trip over the bars then that means I'm there in spirit with you! :laugh:

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Awesome Tony! Too bad the rest of you can't make it but I understand. Jawbone is such an awesome place to ride too.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Every year I look at this Thanksgiving ride thinking I'll make it next year. My daughter has school Mon thru Wen, and besides, I can't imagine myself being stuck on the side of a monster hill right now. :eek:

I can't wait to read about this epic adventure. :thumb:

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
I can't make it. I really wanted to go.

Jack, you keep your head low over there. Let us know how you are doing once in a while.

See ya when you return.

Top Bottom