DConwheels

Oct 21, 2006
I have a '93 Cr125 that is hard to start. I can usually bump start it and once it is going for a while I can start it again with no problems. If I try to cold start it I usually get nothing. My routine is: pull choke, kick moderately 2-4 times, push down choke and kick and kick and kick and kick and kick. If I don't turn throttle it sounds real muffled and no activity. If I turn the throttle it sounds as if it is trying to start but never really does. I recently took off top end, replaced gaskets, clean everything put new rings in, kept same piston, repacked silencer, cleaned carb 3 times, new plug, and new gas. Any ideas why it would not work with no throttle but closer with throttle open? Thanks for the help.

zewcrew

Dec 5, 2006
When you bump start it are you using your choke, and if so how does it idle? Have you tried starting fluid while kicking to see if that jumps it?

zewcrew

Dec 5, 2006
Any ideas why it would not work with no throttle but closer with throttle open?
When you twist your throttle you're using different circuits in your carburetor, so it could be your starting circuit (choke).

motocross lee

Jan 14, 2007
hae a cr 125 97 and i had a same sort of problem it was hard to start. i could kick it but when i stopped it would start agen i had to bump it. i got the stator done now its fine

Top Bottom