Apr 26, 2007
Hi, I need to replace my water seal, problem is I have read the how to remove the impella posts, but they don't seem to be helping. I have been using clock wise direction assuming it is a reverse thread, while securing it I am putting downward pressure on the kick start to get some reverse force to help, but no luck.

Is there a more suitable way to stop the impella moving?

j.lawson

Jul 18, 2007
Renegade rider said:
Hi, I need to replace my water seal, problem is I have read the how to remove the impella posts, but they don't seem to be helping. I have been using clock wise direction assuming it is a reverse thread, while securing it I am putting downward pressure on the kick start to get some reverse force to help, but no luck.

Is there a more suitable way to stop the impella moving?

Impeller :cool: , anyway, I have a manuel for that bike and it says nothing of reverse threads for your model..so???
And it says to hold the fly wheel with a pin type fly wheel holding tool. But you can probly get it off without that? Good luck.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Put your bike in fifth gear and hold the rear brake on.

The impeller unscrews the opposite of rotation.

I had a 1965 Impella once. :whoa: Called it 'LaBamba'. :nod:

MXer666

Jul 15, 2007
or, put some nylon rope in your cylinder but make sure that the piston is just before TDC and past the exhaust port then feed some rope in untill you think its enough. Just make sure that the rope is as clean as it should be!!

Ive always been too iffy about pustting the bike in gear and wrenching on a nut cuz that alot of force your putting on some brittle pieces, last thing you want is a broken gear.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
MXer666 said:
Ive always been too iffy about pustting the bike in gear and wrenching on a nut cuz that alot of force your putting on some brittle pieces, last thing you want is a broken gear.

How much force do you think your engine puts on the gears? :coocoo:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Ol'89r said:
How much force do you think your engine puts on the gears? :coocoo:
Less than 50 lb-ft. I can hit it with a lot more that that if I add a breaker bar and a sledge hammer. :laugh:

Try using a torch to heat up that impeller bolt, it worked for me on a KX65 once.

Top Bottom