furlong

Aug 18, 2006
hey

i have a 2000 cr 125. I haven't changed the top end since i got the bike( a year ago). Recently I noticed a fairly big difference in power, the bike is slower, .I was told it could be the top end? Should i change it ? Or is there anything else I could do ?

Last edited:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
You should at the very least tear it down and take some measurements. Also make sure the Powervalve is working properly.

rushy08

Jul 17, 2006
deffinately do a top end mate. I was in the same situation, the bike lost power and whatnot, so i ripped it apart and did a topend, its like new now and was a cheap job.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
furlong said:
hey

i have a 2000 cr 125. I haven't changed the top end since i got the bike( a year ago). Recently I noticed a fairly big difference in power, the bike is slower, .I was told it could be the top end? Should i change it ? Or is there anything else I could do ?

one of the signs that a bike needs its top-end replaced( at least in 2T's) is a sudden loss of power off the bottom. its probably your top-end, and a general rule of thumb is to change it once/year( if you ride 2-3 times a week).

Top Bottom