dcoperator

May 5, 2007
Can anyone provide in detail how to change the crank seal on a 96' CR125? I changed the ignition side on my own but I'm a little apprehensive on the clutch side, ... not knowing what to expect. Any help would be appreciated!!

dcoperator

May 5, 2007
I'm not sure if it is wore out but I've had a plug fouling problem and have eliminated carb issues. Through this forum I was informed it may be a crank seal.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
How is the up and down play on the crank end? Worn crank main bearings will destroy the seals. I have never known a seal to go bad for no reason. There is an outside chance that replacing the seals will prolong the inevitable,red line the engine on a mx track and it would not last a moto! Just my thoughts,a lot of guys are pulling the seals out with screws,never heard how long that lasts. Done properly,the cases have to be split. Better yet,just get the complete kit from hotrod,320 dollars and you have a fresh engine!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Unless it had sat for a long time and they dried out... if they are original seals, I could see them leaking without the bearings being shot.. Although, if they are the original seals, I'd do the bottom end too.. just to be safe. Would hate to be coming off a big jump when it decides to detonate.

Top Bottom