cr 250 questions before i go ridding tomorrow.

AnTs

Uhhh...
Nov 5, 2005
Alright i have a 2001 cr 250. After bringing it out after winter theirs some problems i need to fix.

Alright first one, i noticed around the spark plug their looks to be some old oil that has been sitting there. What do you think caused the oil or what it would be from? Its right around where you screw the plug in.

Question 2, on my throttle im having some grip slip. Not so much the way you turn the throttle but the opposite way. How would i go abouts fixing the grip slip?

I put new pipes on my bike FMF fatty and fmf power core 2, over winter do i need to rejet it before i take her out? It seems to run fine.

Thanks

chevyss_98

Feb 26, 2006
ok, first things first, the oil around the plug is most likely from not having the spark plug in tight enough, or not having the proper plug

your running the BR8EG right???

second, your grip problem can be fixed by spending 2 bucks on some grip glue, and/or wiring your grips

mine are wired and glued, and they are solid

im also going to upgrade to the fatty and powercore 2 in a few months,

now the jetting should be fine, as long as its not bogging out or hesitating, and it is idling properly

but they key is setting your idle mixture, read the repair/ maintenence manual, and if you can set the idle mixture properly with your current jets, then your good to go

hope this helps, i gotz an 00 CR250

Top Bottom