cr 80

oneftyone

Feb 9, 2003
My nephew has a 02 cr80 with a fmf gold series pipe and silencer. Whats a cheap and easy to install upgrade i can get for him.

dirtfreak

Feb 16, 2003
Lower gearing. Get him a one tooth larger sprocket on the rear wheel- the CR's from that year can always use more bottom end.

maxkiks77

Sep 23, 2002
Originally posted by dirtfreak
Lower gearing. Get him a one tooth larger sprocket on the rear wheel.

I agree with you dirtfreak. My Dad got me a lower, bigger gear in the back from 12 tooth to 13 tooth. It makes a huge difference!!! IF you looking for speed take away teeth, but if you want more power take one or two teeth away. it makes a great difference. It makes ramps and wheelies much easier!!!!!!! Really cheap too, like only 15.00- 20.00 dollars!!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Originally posted by maxkiks77
I agree with you dirtfreak. My Dad got me a lower, bigger gear in the back from 12 tooth to 13 tooth. It makes a huge difference!!!

I'd like to see those 12 and 13 tooth rear sprockets. :|

dirtfreak

Feb 16, 2003
To clear up any confusion oneftyone, I was talking about buying a one tooth larger rear sprocket, not the countershaft sprocket.

PMPracer

Apr 19, 2004
Get him a v-force reed valve, it will improve the breathing on the cr. I forgot how much it cost though, i think its like $100. :flame:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…