mou5e

Feb 15, 2004
has anyone done a cr route brake conversion on a yz? ive been doing some reaserch and ive found kits that come with front fork guards and the line for $150. that to me is ridiculous. i have gyt-r CF fork guards and they look the same as what comes with the kit. the only thing im worried about is the brake line hitting the spokes when im riding. any info would be great. thanks.

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
On my CR there is absolutely no slack in the brake cable.
So the cable runs tight up against the lower fork guard, so there is no chance of it hitting the spoke.

jho410

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
I think I used the Galfer kit with the shorty brake line and I didn't need new fork guards. But, I think you will have to mount the line to the fork guard to hold it in place. If you can drill two holes in the CF fork guards, you should be ok. BTW, the brakes are freaking incredible now.

Chevalier

Sep 3, 2001
Forget the brake line, get a master clyinder(the top bit that attaches to the lever) off a CR(ok new KX-if they fit). I put a 00 CR125 master cylinder on my 02 YZ250F with the stock bendy brake line! It is amazing the difference, I didn't even have to blead the system when I changed it(just pumped a bit of fluid from the bottom). I always thought Yamaha had a good excuse with the whole longer brake line thing... turns out its not the brake line at all!
Have a look at the 03KX125, their lines are way longer than the YZ and the brakes are on the point of being dangerous they are so sharp :eek:

jho410

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
Could be the bore in the MC but I thought all Jap bikes (no offense) had Nissin MCs and the biggest diff was the routing of the cable. My friend put a direct routed shorty on his 03 YZ250F and it rocks. mou5e - try this and you won't be disappointed.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I could not agree more. Add in the CR m/c to the YZ system makes a huge difference. A lot more improvement than the shorter line.

MX GZR

Nov 8, 2001
Order a Russell brake line for a cr250 from Dennis Kirk. It's less than $60 and will bolt right on. Take the stock clamp from the bottom of the fork leg and bolt it between the two hose loops on the stock fork guard. Just be sure the bolts don't hit the guides that the guards slide thru. I did this to my 00 YZ250 and the difference was amazing. :thumb:

mou5e

Feb 15, 2004
thanks for all the info guys. ill order a brake line when i get paid and ill keep you posted on how it worked out. thanks again.

mou5e

Feb 15, 2004
my buddy has got a brake line and i wanted to know if you guys think it would work good. plus hell give it to me for a few bucks. its off a 2003 crf450. what do ya think?

Top Bottom