Drew 674

Jul 25, 2002
i have a 00 cr 250, w fmf fatty, and fmf turbine core spark arrestor
i run 32:1 w/ honda hp2 and vp c12 my jetting is as follow
45, 175, 3rd clip stock needle

its smokes and spooges like crazy! i'm going to try 2nd clip or a diff needle, and a 172... does this oil suck?
i mix with a ratio rite, so i know i'm not over on oil..
i ride mostly trails! HELP!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
My bike used to spooge until I switched to Maxima SuperM. You might want to try that.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
I run HP2 and it runs great! Best oil I have ever personally used!

I think once you get your jetting worked out you will be a happy camper :thumb:

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I don't know your elevation or temp??

I have a 2000 CR 250 stock running 175 main, 45 pilot, needle on 2nd clip from the top, 50/50 93 octane pump gas and 100 octane 76 race gas, HP2 oil, at 800 ft above sea level, 90-100 degrees (lately) and high humidity. Mine is running a bit rich at these settings (some smoke, less than perfect throttle response, no spooge). I am going to try 100% pump gas to see if this will solve my problem.

My guess is that if your temp, humidity, and elevation are the same, with the Spark arrestor, and your needle set richer, and maybe running 100% race gas, that you would get some spooge, especially trail riding. I was also running that spark arrestor for a while and it seems to be less free flowing than the stock silencer. It may also be full of oil at this point.

It's not the oil. Get your jetting right. I went through the same thing about 5 months ago. I'm sure Rich will stop by and correct me if I am off base.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom