angst2

May 24, 2001
I have read the jetting faq but need a little more direction. I am traveling from TN to CO for a two week riding vacation.
I would like to get pretty close on my jetting before I go so that I am not pulling my carb apart in the field.
Can anyone recommend a starting point for a 2000cr125 for 5000 to 8500 feet.
Currently is has the stock 360 main jet (I used a 355 on last trip to CO) Currently on mid needle point. Pilot jet is 45 screw is at one turn out (stock is 50, I bought a 40 that I am putting in unless folks here advise otherwise.)
Is there such thing as a chart to know at what altitude to switch up your jetting before you leave the parking lot?

Eric Zitzow
Chattanooga TN

Also riding area recommendations are welcome. Weve been to Rampart, Estes springs, Hartman rocks, grand junction. Weve heard about left hand canyon but havent been. Any other areas near Boulder or the front range?

joshualeeusmc

Mar 10, 2005
I would go at least one clip up on the needle, you might want to bring a few jets with you and tinker w/ it before you start riding. Jet for the lowest altitude you will be riding at, replacing plugs is a lot cheaper than a top end. As for riding areas on the front range there is Pueblo Motocross park, which is 40 minutes south of Colorado Springs, and my personal favorite is Pike Natl Forest up by Divide. Hundreds of miles of trails, make sure you bring a GPS. It is about an hour west of Colorado Springs on Hightway 24. Have fun and post any pics you may take.

Top Bottom