CR125 no air box, just K&N filter question.

cleopatrisha

Dec 16, 2006
I have a 1979 honda cr125 the air box assy has been completly removed and replaced with one of those no water, just air type, K&N filters mounted right on the carb. this bike starts nice, idles great, but once I twist the throttle and let it return it revs kinda high for about 30 seconds before returing to its nice smooth idle. the throttle works good when I twist it and let go it easily returns the back like it should. could my problem be that K&N filter (which is new) may be sucking in too much air? I do not have the original air box to try it the normal way. I sprayed starting fluid on intake no leaks here.I tried turning the 2 screws on the ouside of carb and decided its best its gonna do, at least I can ride it. Note: I have no past with this bike The filter was on this junker when I got it so I am learning as I go.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
See if the throttle cable is on the tight side. Sometimes, people overly tighten throttle cables in order to get a badly jetted bike to idle. When they do this, they sometimes behave as you describe.

Top Bottom