cr125vtec

Feb 1, 2010
Hey whats up guys and gals im new to the site, and before i start just want to say thanks ahead of time for any advive that i will be getting.

Problem: I have a 1995 cr125 that i traded my 02 cr80r for. When i got the bike the kid said all i had to do was put it together, which turned out to be a lie. I put the engine together and got it started and found out that the clutch was shot, so after putting in a new clutch then riding it about twice, the bottom end bearing let go.Then after waiting and saving for a few months i then finally put a new bottom and top end in the bike, but it will not start, so i did a spark test and found out i had no spark, so i went with the cheapest part and purchased a new coil, and got spark but it was very week, and the bike still did not start. so i decided mayb it was my cdi box and purchased one off a runnning bike on ebay, and still had no luck on spark. I have recently purchased a new stator plate and mag, and im waiting for it to arive, my question is, how could this problem happen the bike was fine spark whise when it blew and it sat in a garage when it wasnt running, any ideas????

any help well appreciated, and sorry for such a long story

Red Pinger

Mar 7, 2007
Did you try a new spark plug first?? If you coated the new parts with too much oil you may have just fouled the plug. If you didn't, you may have just wasted alot of money.

cr125vtec

Feb 1, 2010
yea that was the first thing i did, i love my 2 strokes but they are spark plug killers

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
Checked the kill switch if it is not stuck? or the wiring is not cut and grounding to the chassis where it should not?. All connection are strong and clean?

Did you try to check the igniton system following the manual procedure?(this way you can find wich part are broke, if any)

cr125vtec

Feb 1, 2010
yea i played with the kill switch, then unplugged it.i took the platics off all the wires and they were good, but the stator wires where pretty stiff, and yea cleaned up where the wires should b grounded to the frame, and i dont have a manual but i will b purchasing one this week

slickpuss

Sponsoring Member
Jan 19, 2002
If you took it apart and put it back together I would be suspect of all your connections. Mechanically I wouldnt think just removing something and putting it back on would damage it unless you dropped it or were careless. Once you get a manual you will be able to check a lot of the electrical with a multimeter.

Sorry to hear all this, sounds like you have had a ton of problems with this bike. At least on the positive side you will be a pro on this bike by the time its good to go.

Top Bottom