Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
I threw the 50t rear sprocket on, moose red anodized aluminum btw, looks great! And being small, 5'6" 160, the thing screams. Hitting fourth gear tearing down the bean fields the back tire rarely hooks up. I love the top end, but will be riding trails focusing on thirdish gear, high second, low fourth, etcetera. Im really starting to understand what everyone was talking about when you said a 125 will make you master the clutch. No kidding. Well im wondering how i can soften up my suspension as well as get it to carry more power out of the corners. Naturaly everyone is gonna say use front brake, less back, and up the rear sprocket. Well... yeah, i could. But someone said something about the fly wheel at some point, and anyone know anything about the EG 153 kit? Just like some opinions. Thanks

Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
Oh yeah, and i want to put a new pipe on it. Any opinions PC over FMF? i have the slip on PC woods pipe already. thanks

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
clutch

Have a look through the pipe shoot out, I wouldn't know about the the CR 125. Each bike brand reacts different on pipes IMO Normally people riding offroad like the gnarly for enhanced low end. I prefer Doma. But I ride 250's

Yeap you are right two stroke is about clutching, although all skills are needed to be good on any kind of bike. Clutch and break control, gears steering and how the bike moves in whatever situation.

Seat time makes it happen:)

Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
Yeah ive been puttin in some good hours and really seeing some improvment. I need to work on using more front brake cuz hitting the back requires more clutch to keep the RPMs up. Just trying to improve!!!

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
The CR is a tuffy to ride in the woods. It has a very narrow power window and not much of any low-end. I've heard that a big bore kit, porting, and the V-Force reed block really help. More headpipe length will enhance low-end too... does the pipe go into the cylinder or around it?

I rode/raced 125's in the woods for years... adding a tooth or two to the rear sprocket will help, but I never liked additional flywheel weight on one (too hard to get "on-the-pipe.")

Clutch, clutch, clutch!

Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
Thanks, once i come across the cash ill get the BB kit done. I heard theres a 153 now, should i go that route or a 144? I dont want to lose the reliability/

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Kx85Krazy said:
Thanks, once i come across the cash ill get the BB kit done. I heard theres a 153 now, should i go that route or a 144? I dont want to lose the reliability/
I'm guessing the 153 would be a stroker rather than just an overbore 144. Could be quite a big more pricey.

FNG

May 2, 2008
Is your jetting stock?

Proper jetting, especially for woods riding, will help your situation. The stock jetting is for WFO on an MX track lap after lap. You are not making that kind of heat in the woods, nor are you WFO long enough to need stock jetting.

You will find it easier to get on the pipe as well as add some mid with better jetting.

Start with a new needle/seat then go online and type in your year make and model followed with "jetting tips" or jetting recommendations. You will find plenty of stuff.

I run a 7oz flywheel weight on my '01 YZ125. It is enough to spread the hit out some and helps with stalling in the tight stuff without sacrificing my ability to tap the clutch to get back on the pipe.

Making an MX bike into a woods bike requires some changes but they are a hoot!

Kx85Krazy

Mar 14, 2008
Ok the 153 is over $1000... not gonna happen. For $500 i can get the 144 done. I want to run a new pipe up front too. I have a PC woods slip on right now so im gonna have to get a PC pipe. Whats preferable for the woods? I looked a little and they seem to be Gnarly all the way. Wheres is help out the power curve? thanks

Top Bottom