smahala1286

Sep 9, 2004
I just picked up a 99 cr250 with a blown engine. The bike is missing some things that the last owner took off for one of his other bikes. I have access to a lot of parts off an older 92-96 cr250. Would I be able to use the carb, cdi, stator, coil, reed cage, and rear wheel to put on my 99? Thanks

smahala1286

Sep 9, 2004
Yea I have had no problem finding parts to rebuild the engine. The previous owner took the cdi, reeds, carb, and rear wheel off so i need to find those too. A buddy of mine has a bunch of 92-96 cr250 parts. Would I be able to use the electronics and carburetor from the older cr250?

Vintage bob, it sounds like you and I have the same projects going on. You will have to keep me updated on how your cr250 comes along.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The electrics may work. Up until 01, all they got was cosmetic changes, and the frame in 97. The carb is the same, just look and see what jets are in it. I want to see the mounting differences between the single and double radiators. The rear wheel may be different. Vintage Bob

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The 97,98 do have the power jet! The only years they ran them? You would need the cdi for that, maybe the pick up also? Guy talk said they just unplug them anyways. I am going to keep an eye out for that set up! Vintage Bob

Top Bottom