CACRanger

Jun 25, 2007
I recently purchased a 1997 Honda CR250R and it has been great so far. The only issue I have with it is that when I turn the handle bars to the right it revs the engine. The further I turn the higher it revs. Could this be a throttle cable issue?

Thanks,

Chris

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
CACRanger said:
Could this be a throttle cable issue?

:nod:

Probably not routed as the factory intended. Try to look at another '97 - '99 CR250 and duplicate the cable routing exactly, or take the tank off and experiment with different cable routing.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
I had the same problem the cable routing was off a little but there was a throttle adjuster up near the handlebars and it was set too tight. I loosened it off and it gave the cable the slack it needed to turn either way without revving.

CACRanger

Jun 25, 2007
_JOE_ said:
You need a service manual! :yell:

Don't get bent out of shape. I have the Clymer's manual. I am just doing my research prior to digging in and fixing this one and only issue.

Thanks,

Chris

96speed

Dec 10, 2006
It sounds like a Derrick Zoolander bike: "I can't turn right :(".

Definitely tinker with that cable. Just loosen it upand see what happens when you crank it up. Obviously at some point the throttle is getting opened by the cable when the bars are turned. Just seems like it will take a little trouble shooting. I'll give you a hand on Sunday if you want. One person turns while the other looks at the throttle.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
CACRanger said:
Don't get bent out of shape. I have the Clymer's manual. I am just doing my research prior to digging in and fixing this one and only issue.

Thanks,

Chris

But the service manuals tell you the proper cable, wire, and hose routing for the bike.

Top Bottom