zomiemama

Jun 8, 2009
I just wanted to get some opinions on this bike maybe some of you have owned one.

1988 Cr250

So i checked the plug its fine, it actually seems perfect. I checked the carb it seems fine the only thing was the float needed to be adjusted. Would that decrease power? The compression is 180 i did it when it was warm, The air filter is fine, and the bike runs ok, its just not being able to take a 00 yz125 was kinda ****ty, esspecially when the guy says "wow what a peice of **** honda why didn't you just buy a 125?" Its true if i wanted a 125 i would have bought one. Before i bought it most people told me that the old 250's are just as fast, and it would be a great bike. The only thing i have not checked are the power valves. My dad is a mechanic and he worked on the bike all day today, took it out and said it felt fine, and if it was not fast enough to buy a 500. I just didn't notice a difference going from a 125 to a 250. Which is kind of weird. Is there a way i can check the power valves? Can you run the bike without the covers on it to see if there working?

Anyway i just wanted some opinions seeing as this is my first bike. I'm gonna bring the cr to a bike shop just to see what they say but was just wondering what you guys thought.

I'm very disappointed at the moment but i'll see what you guys think...

:bang:

Last edited:

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
again, go buy a manual for the bike . Then inspect the power valves.

seems like you spend more time asking what to do then take the time to get the problem solved. A bike shop is a good idea, but unless you get someone really knowledgeable with the older bikes, they make not know what they are looking at. Again, go buy a manual.

OriginalRider

Nov 23, 2008
I fixed my problem.The bike is nasty don't sell it!Pulls like a tractor.The left side power valve was all the way out therefore making it not going in and out like it's suppose to.I also bought a set of boysen pro series reeds waiting for them to come it in.

Last edited:

zomiemama

Jun 8, 2009
I've got the Boysen Reeds in it right now. I'm hoping to find soemthing wrong with it soon. I can't be embarrassed by a 125 ever again. I'm still not sure if i'm going to keep it... We will see what happens with the bike mechanic. I'm hoping its the power valves.

Chad

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
My crf250 took a rm250 big bore. I had a fresh tire and his was rounded. My bike was hookin' up and he was losing alot of drive to wheelspin. Your technique may be holding the bike back as well. Do you just hammer it and hang on? I'm sure I could get a 500 to lose a drag race against a 125 if I goon rode it.

zomiemama

Jun 8, 2009
Ya i just hammer and go.

I've never had a bike this big. Is there a technique i need to use since its older when hitting the power band?

Also if i put a Uni Filter in my bike does that mean i have to Jet the bike?

Last edited:
Top Bottom