Eddels509

Nov 16, 2009
So i changed my crank seals. I may have screwed up the right crank seal when i replaced it. It wasn't set in there right so i pulled it out and put it back in. But now its worse the thing won't idle. And will not hit power band. to get any power out of it i have to short short shift. So i was just curious if it could be something else? what would it be or is it the crank seal..kinda leaning towards the seal cause its worse. but i just wanted to hear what you guys thought it could posibly be. Thanks guys/gals.

sharky243

Dec 14, 2008
If it is smokeing alot and smells like burnt engine oil, it's definatly the crank seal. It's easy and cheap enough to change, so i would replace it again. Most likely you damaged it when you took it out.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
It should be consuming tranny oil if it's running that poorly. It's pretty easy to mess the seal up going in and out like that.

Eddels509

Nov 16, 2009
Yea i kinda figured putting it in and taking it back out would of done that. Thanks. Also i was thinking since its splooging so much should i repack my silencer i have noticed over time it has seemed like its not silencing so well anymore.

sharky243

Dec 14, 2008
Sure !!! re-pack it. It is cheap and easy to do, and you can't really hurt anything by doing it. If it is burning tranny oil, you will notice more oily goo coming from the exhaust.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
What year bike is this again? Be sure to examine that the power valves are working properly, especially easy on the 92-01 bikes. Those bikes if you dont put the 2 shafts lined up when installing the cylinder, the power valves will not work.

Eddels509

Nov 16, 2009
its an 86 cr250. the powervalves are working i'm pretty sure are working. it did have powerband a little while ago. but it was kinda weak. now there is none.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
86 and 87 was the production rule years. That bike rips! In decent mechanical condition. Roger Decoster said nobody could ride that bike to its full potential. Vintage Bob

Eddels509

Nov 16, 2009
yea the bike is a sick bike when its running properly..really strong bottom end. but if the powervalves are sticking (i'll check tomorrow) but if they are why whould it smoke? could it just be my luck that the seal and powervalve gave at the same time? would they get stuck from a ton of spooge? cause its spooging a rediculous amount. almost like its spraying out of the exhaust. thanks for the help.

Eddels509

Nov 16, 2009
so i pulled off my powervalve cover and the powervalve was open. shouldn't it be closed? but it moved freely i'll fire it up and see if its working tomorrow.

Top Bottom