CR250R Chain length

tyesai

Nov 4, 2004
I was wondering if someone would please tell me what length of chain I need, I just bought a rear sprocket that was 2 teeth sizes bigger, I want to go from the stock 50 to a 52, I thought I might be able to make it fit, but it isn't even close, and I can't get the rear tire on. They sell the chains in all different length but I don't know what the stock length is. I guess I could count the links but I was hoping for a little help. Any would be appreciated.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Please give us the year of the bike. Most late models are I believe 114 links.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
when i got a new sprockets and chain for my bike, i did the same thing and went up on the rear sprocket. My stock chain i belive called for a 114 link so i got a 118( i think) so i knew it was def big enough. Once i had everything together and the wheel in the correct postion where i wanted it i looked to see how many links were to spare, then i took it to the local shop and they shortened the chain for me to the correct size and now it perfect.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…