O'MALLEY_808

Dec 28, 2003
Hey, I just got a 2003 cr250 in replacement of my 2000 cr250. How exactly do you disconnect the RC valve without having to fiddle with the cables as my motor is more than likely tuned different than stock as it has porting and other mods done to it. I would probably have the answer to this but the previous owner is still looking for the manual to give me.

Thanks in advance.

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
Very Easy O'malley.

First remove the 4 bolts that hold on the cover. Next loosen and remove the the 12mm nut that holds the RC valve in place. Remove the washer and entire cable assembly and you are good to go. If it is a little tight. Loosen the top 2 nuts with a 10mm wrench that hold the cables in place. I know this might sound a little confusing but once you get the cover remove you will se what I'm talking about.

Erik

O'MALLEY_808

Dec 28, 2003
Thanks Eric

I also found out that you can disconnect the cables without taking off that butterfly assembly connected to the powervalves... All you do is just loosen the two top 10mm nuts with a wrench and then swing the cables out. This allows you to keep your adjustments the same.

Thanks, OMALLEY

bedell99

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2000
No problem, the first time i removed the RC valve I took a off all the cables.. What a pain in the butt. Much easier to take it off in 1 piece.

Erik

Top Bottom