skiboyracing

Jan 22, 2006
Just wondering which pipe people would recommend for my Cr 265. I'd like to keep it FMF and was kinda thinking the SST since it seems to improve power all accross the rpm range. I do a bit of every kind of riding. Motocross, tight woods, lazy 2 tracks, and accross the back 40 for something to do. So I'm looking for all around usable power.

Britt Boyette

Aug 16, 2004
Fatty would be the pipe of choice here. That is a great all around pipe. You might consider the Gnarly instead of either of the other two. It's a Fatty that's made from a little thicker material and resists dents a lot better.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
I run the Fatty on my 265 with More Better porting. I ride a bit of everything, also. Spread of power is excellent and smooth. I had a Gnarly on my 99 CR250. If you're looking for more bottom, the Gnarly is a good pipe. It really kills the top, though. A buddy has an SST on his stock '02 CR250. It seemed to give him a bit more everywhere, but nothing earth-shattering. My 265 runs away from his 250 now! Alot more bottom and midrange. I think his 250 might pull a little longer on top,but it's close.

skiboyracing

Jan 22, 2006
cool. I think I'm going to go with a fatty and use my factory silencer. I didn't do any port work just the big bore kit. I haven't ridden it except in the yard since the engine rebuild and right now it has the stock pipe on it. So I'll be currious how the fatty will feel compared to the stock pipe when i actually get a chance to ride it.

Top Bottom