devries

Aug 9, 2001
I want to upgade the old forks on my 1990 500 to a newer pair off a later model cr500 or 250/125. Are the forks shapes the same on the 1990-99 cr 500 250/125's? That being the fork tube diameter and front tire/caliper alingment. I'm pretty handy in the shop with my bike so a little custom work to make it fit is not a major concern for me. Having a close fit though is best. I also have acess to a cnc lathe and mill if I needed to rip off a special sized spacer or something to make it all come together. Any input would be appreciated. Also ,is there a good site that lists specs. for dirt bikes?
Thanks

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
What is the measurement of you fork tubes at the tripleclamp, I could compare the numbers with my cr250.

QKENUF4U

Nov 13, 2005
if you want to know if the inverted forks will work on the regular style fork bike then the answer is NO. i had an 89 CR500 SUPERMOTARD and was able to get a set of newer (92?) style inverted forks. the steering stem is completely different as well as the bearings/stem size etc.. you could widdle out a new steering stem for the inverted forks to work with the old style fork steering head bearings.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
If the clamp is the only thing missing to complete your project, i know tripleclamps for bikes in the 90s on e-bay go for very cheap.

Top Bottom