rockchucker

Nov 17, 1999
I read that Honda did not bring back the CR500 for 2002. It seems the CR450F has taken it's place in the market. I don't remember which magazine it was but it was either the latest Racerx, MXA, or Dirtrider. There has been rumor going around for quite some time that Honda would do this but this is the first time I've read about it from a "reliable" source. It's sad, I spent 5 years on the big bore CR and she'll be missed.

gibbs_6

Jul 5, 2001
Yea I heard about that along time ago.Seems kinda sad.I thought they might have started to make them with aluminum frames.:think

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
One of the best hardcore trailrider bikes ever made. Once you get them set up for off-road they're very forgiving.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Gee, if i had one i dont think it would be in the garage more than a week.
errrr uh day? hour? minite???
Oh heck, id probably ride it till i died. :eek:
But then again, what a way to go, eh?? :confused:

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Honda official annouced that it would discontinue the CR500 model for the year-02 awhile ago.

Luckily some goofballs out here still make them !!
and in aluminum frames! ;)

We have a few 01 CR500AF's in stock still -
and the 02AF model's will be available very soon.
( i had one down at Dirt Week 9/20 )

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
How much $$$ does one of those CR500AF's run?! I would love to have one but I am short on cash. I can't think of anything more fun then a 500cc MX bike!!! What a blast!

Lee Wilson

Oct 22, 2000
I stopped at the 480:think (as my user name would suggest) but I secretly wish that I could own a CR500AF (I'm too old and frail now though, but I still can dream can't I?). I will mourn it's passing and light a candle in rememberance. . . OK! Now it's time to crave the CR450F and drive my wife crazy with my non stop whining until I get one:scream: .

smb_katoomer

Feb 24, 2001
it's a sad, sad day for all big bore riders. Although i am not a big bore rider myself, some of my fondest memories were from the cr500 that my buddy rode. man that bike would haul!

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Lee-
Just go to our website...all kinds of 500 AF info there.
Banner ad at the top or look over to the left -
<<<<<<< the lil Service Honda logo and click.

I'll make them probably for another 5 years!

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Just reading about the discontinued CR500. Sad stuff. Here in Australia Honda Australia has ordered 100 CR500 2001's and has put together a lighting kit and they will be released at the end of the year as full road registered CR500's. How cool is that!!. Yamaha actaually started the ball rolling on that because they put a lights kit on the 2001 YZ250 (two stroke) and released it as a road registered YZ250WR (Enduro).

Top Bottom