rob129

Jun 27, 2004
Hello everyone,
I am new to this site, seems pretty cool! :yeehaw:
I hail from So Cal (Palmdale) and I currently own a restored and slightly modified 1989 CR 500>>>>long live the king :aj:

Cheers,
Rob

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

We have a pile of folks from the SoCal area, so take a gander at the SoCal Wrecking Crew forum for some opportunities to exercise that 500. Be sure to watch for Farmer John in particular. He is an old (well not really old, just very experienced) desert racer that understands bikes that have old oil cans for cylinders.

The godfather of the CR hangs out here as well, so if you have any particular questions, toss them to AJ in the CR / KX / RM / YZ (2-Stroke) Discussion forum.

Grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Tony, you forgot to mention the most awesome guy I've ever seen ride a CR500(AF) in the desert, our own Kiwibird! Welcome Rob. I'm just a stones throw from you in Victorville. The Wrecking Crew has a ride coming up this Saturday, ( which I will miss since I work Saturdays! ), and I'm sure you would be more than welcome. This trip will entail a ride over the ridges which run parallel to Hwy. 138 between Hwy. 2 and the 15 frwy. ( the view is breath-taking! ), a run over to the Phelan sandhill, a must climb for your big-bore, and a trip through the Manzanita trail, a tight, twisty, rocky, up-hill, down-hill, death-march! I do it all the time on my 360, so it's do-able on a big bike! Click on the link for the SoCal Wrecking Crew in Tonys thread and look for the Saturday the 21st post.
If you can't make it the Crew always has several outings each year, more-so as it cools off. There's also a big group that does Kennedy Meadows every 4th of July, and Jawbone Cyn. every Thanksgiving. Welcome to DRN!

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
We're going riding this Saturday. Go to the Socal Wrecking Crew Forum for details. Hope to see you there.

rob129

Jun 27, 2004
Hello everyone,
Thank you for the very warm welcome. I am sorry that I am very slow to reply I have been on extended shifts and working through the weekends. I am originally from Northern California (Susanville) its next to Tahoe/Reno. Joined the Air Force after High School and have been just about everywhere since then (13 years) All over the states, Germany, Korea and now Edwards. I specialize in Jet Engine maintenance, inspection, teardown and rebuilds. I have worked on numerous engines to include F110-129 and -100 models for the F-16, TF-34 for the A-10 and F119-100 for the F-22 Raptor. Its pretty cool work with tight tolerances within 0.001. Enough about that, I have been off a bike since I have been in the military :ugg: , until about a year and half ago. I spotted my bike that I currently own in lemon lot. I got it for a decent price and it needed a lot of work. I dunno for some reason I felt gravitated toward it. I put a little love and work back into it and she is good as new now...I cant complain. I spend most of my time terrorizing the area surrounding Rodgers Dry Lake between Rosamond and Mojave. I love it, I do not know how I went so long without a bike. I do need to trek away from the base to Gorman, Dove Springs or Jawbone. Though I do need to sharpen up some of my skills first. Thanks again for the warm welcome and the invites.
Peace, Rob

Top Bottom