Fizzer

Dec 4, 2006
This might be a stupid question, so forgive me in advance. I can I put a 19"front and 16" back (the big wheel setup) on an original small wheel (17"F 14"R) CR80?

Reason I'm asking is because I have motard wheels on mine, and would like to get some dirt experience in as well. :)

The only thing I'm worried about is the rear clearing the swingarm. It seems like the only difference between the RB and R model is the rear shock, and the size of the wheels. At least I hope so.

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
I'm pretty sure the big wheel model has a longer swing arm. The 16" may would go in the orginal swing arm never seen it done though. Also think they recommend changing the rear brake line as well. Maybe someone that has done this will jump in a tell you for sure.

Fizzer

Dec 4, 2006
edit: yup, there is another swingarm that is for the expert model. Found it on Ron Ayers. oh well.

Last edited:

Fizzer

Dec 4, 2006
Wait, I see CR80/85s with 17" by 2.5" wheels in the rear all the time. They use them for SM setups in the association I race with. If they could handle those 17s then surely it can fit the 16" wheel?

reckone

Oct 19, 2006
The big wheels have a longer swingarm. My 14" wheels on my CR80 barly have room now with 90/100-14's. Yo can probably get one on egay or something.

Top Bottom