silverfox141

Nov 4, 2003
A quick question for anyone;my sons 2002 cr80 is experiancing bogging down when he lands off of larger jumps or is on the gas through whoop type obstacles.We have been only racing hare scrambles until now when we decided to try our hand at mx.The bike did not have this problem until we started motocross.The carb is set up : pilot- 48, main- 155, clip- 2nd, air screw- 2 out.I am new to this mx thing and am overwhelmed by the technical side of it.Any and all feedback is greatly welcomed.The bike runs great except in the stated conditions.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
It's going to be one of two things, possibly both.
#1: ensure there's no water in the float bowl

#2: check the carb's float height.

silverfox141

Nov 4, 2003
thanks! I have already cleaned the carb and tank,tonight i checked the float level and it was off 3mm to the lean side acording to the stock measurement specs.I set it a tad to the high(rich) side and will run the bike tommarow to see if that helped.Thanks for the idea,sometimes it just takes a little brain push to think simple and straight.

silverfox141

Nov 4, 2003
your the second person to mention the compression.The bike was originaly a practice bike with only some practice since the last ring change.But it still has the stock piston and i have not checked the compression since this started.I guess i never noticed the lack of performance before when he was in the woods.I will check compression this weekend and let yall know what happens.Thanks for the help everyone!

Top Bottom