CR80 expert with 2001 cr 125 engine

Duneman

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 1999
okay I just picked up a 96 cr 80 expert(bigwheel). I am gonna go completly go through the chassis. new tires grafics everything cosmetic. The cr 125 engine is a brand new 2001. it will take me about a 3 weeks to finish, it will have a 125 tank, and pipe. let me know if anybody is intrested. cause as soon as I finish it I will be selling it and starting 2 more. the cost I will be somewhere about $4500-$5000. and will look perfect. anyway let me know.
thanks Duneman:)

Last edited:

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
First- Post in the right forum
second- I don't think it's posible. Then again I could be wrong.
third- The 125 tank won't fit unless you drill a hole in the upper frame becuase there's a small bolt at the top of the frame that mount's the tank to the headstay area.
Try it and let me know how it work's.
CRG

Duneman

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 1999
well it being that I have an almost complete machine shop, tig welders,plastic welder. I can reshape almost any gastank in the underside. I just installed a 200 yamaha blaster engine in a ttr bigwheel and it is awesome.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Maybe I'm missing something? Why is this in the women's forum?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
He originally posted his questions about hybrid bikes here because as smaller but competitive riders, he felt women would offer him some great input for these bikes.

I too would be interested in seeing the TTR/Blaster mix, just for curiosity's sake. I am happy with my KTM but have MANY vertically challenged friends who would be interested in a small, fast bike. What size engines are those blasters? They're two-strokes, right? Are you putting the YZ 80 forks on it too for some better suspension? Have you thought about the KX100/KDX200 conversion?

Duneman

~SPONSOR~
Jun 16, 1999
okay I am a big 200 fan and the Blaster engine has a wr200 bottom end and an IT200 top end, it can be converted to a watercooled bike cause it has the little spot for the water pump, but it just has a cover over it. if it had the IT 200 bottom end it would have the chain on the left side. anyway that's how yamaha did the Blaster engine. and fits with plenty of room. tons of torque. I do want to install better suspenders but right now this one has stiffer springs and works very well......:think

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom