crf88RH

Nov 1, 2007
Everytime i go up a steep hill for jump. i can see that a little bit of gas is dripping out from under the cap? i replaced the seal and still does it. the cap looks cockeyed and not screwing on straight when you tighten it. should i get a billet cap? would that help?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Look at the threads on the cap AND on the fuel tank. It's possible one of them is messed up from the cap being installed incorrectly. If it's the cap MAYBE a new one will fix it, if it's the tank then a cap isn't going to do much for ya. If it's just a little in a specific situation why worry about it?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
crf88RH said:
Everytime i go up a steep hill for jump. i can see that a little bit of gas is dripping out from under the cap?

crf88RH said:
well in a halp hour i leaked a half tank os gas
So which one is it? Half a tank in 30 minutes is a heck of a big little bit dripping. Being clear and honest in your destription of a problem will help get you a better answer.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
The cap and/or tank is crossthreaded. If it's on there crooked, it will not seal.

Try taking the cap off, and see if you can get it on straight. You'll have to be very careful that you install the cap correctly. That should stop the leak.

Rotor

Top Bottom