Macgyver46

Jun 3, 2007
my 02 cr80 wont start. It was running fine until a few days ago, I took it out for a couple good runs came in and shut it off. then when i went to restart if it wouldnt fire. I took the spark plug out and it looked like it was getting a weak spark. so I put a new coil on it and it still wont run. With the new coil if you push the kick start slow the spark doesnt seem strong but the faster you kick it the spark seems to become stronger. I dont know if the spark is strong enough. I cleaned the carb thourouhly, it has a new air filter, and the reeds look ok. Every time I pull the plug out it is covered in gas but I dont know if thats from too much fuel or just from the plug not sparking and burning it off. Also when we try to bump start it you can here it fire once or twice. so it has enough spark to atleast ignite. tuesday i am going to get a new spark plug to try will the new coil. Also if the stator was bad would it still be able to get spark? Any help is apprieciated. Thanks in advance.

Macgyver46

Jun 3, 2007
When the bike stopped running the first thing I tried was putting a brand new spark plug in it and the bike wouldnt start. so I figured it was the coil because I barely got any spark with either plug. I couldnt find the brand new spark plug so when I put the new coil on I had to use the old one, which I thought was still good. The coil looked to be in pretty bad shape anyway.

Macgyver46

Jun 3, 2007
Because that would be to easy. If I had a service manual and a multi meter at the time I may have. but I put a new coil in it and the bike runs so I am happy.

Top Bottom